Oswald musings were interrupted by the arrival of the new bartender. His name was Jay. He was 6’2” with blue eyes and brown hair. He had a lanky build and a youthful look, despite his age of 29. He only started a month ago but has already drawn a collection of admirers. He looked like innocence just waiting to be corrupted.  There has always been a market for that in Gotham. He strode into Penguin’s office all smiles and swagger “How can I help you Mr Penguin?”  

Jay knew why he was here. The first week he started he propositioned The Penguin. It was well known The Penguin was very generous to his paramours, he wasn't unattractive and he had no, what he would consider, bizarre perversions that were common knowledge. Jay felt it was only prudent to make an offer. He had expensive tastes and he had the confidence that he could convince The Penguin it would be worthwhile keeping him around. He made no false show of flattery or adoration. He just offered his services in exchange for material reward. He thought the penguin would respect the honesty, which he did. The Penguin had said he would think about it.  Now it had been a few weeks but he was finally being called into the Penguins personal office. He didn't have much of a talent for mixing drinks but his former work at the Fox Glove taught him other tricks. Jay wanted security and to own all the things he only ever had a taste of. There are far worse things than being supported and protected by a gangster.

Oswald leant back in his chair and had another drink from the bottle before speaking. “Do you know why you're here?” Jay smiled coyly “I had hoped you had agreed to my offer and brought me here to ravish me” Oswald had to smile at the audacity of the kid. The offer had shocked Oswald, no one was ever that honest. Crude, yes. Blatant, yes. But honest not so much. Oswald figured that most thought that Oswald liked the illusion of being desired for his intrinsic value. He may have desired that in the past. Hoped to have true love and companionship, someone who valued him for more than his power and empire, but Ed showed him that did not exist. Not for people like him.

“Then get on your knees and show me why I would want to” Oswald began undoing his belt and pants as Jay came around the desk to kneel between Oswald's thighs. Jay quickly got to work on getting Oswald hard before taking him into his mouth. Oswald just leant back and closed eyes while the young man pleasured him. After a short while Oswald was honestly rethinking his impression on the day, when his door burst open and in walked Edward Nygma.

Edward just strode in, green suit glittering, arms flailing about in his dramatic fashion, ranting about how that “little street trash girl” had stolen his recent score. He even got to the point about how Oswald needed to sought this out otherwise the cat was gonna lose one of her 9 lives when he realised what he walked in on and froze.

Ed was standing there, mouth gaping like a fish and Oswald couldn't help but feel slightly amused. It's not every day one sees “The Riddler” lost for words. Ed quickly recovers, as he always does, and that annoyingly handsome Cheshire cat grin appears. “Who would've thought the King of Gotham engages in such tawdry behaviour” Ed mocked while wagging his finger and tsking at Oswald. Oswald was tempted to encourage Jay to continue just to annoy Ed, however he figured at least he should act with semblance of decorum. Oswald does have a reputation to uphold.

“Jay dear, it appears we have a guest, would please be so kind to wait outside while I speak with Mr Nygma. I will call you back when we're done” Jay quickly removed his mouth from its previous occupation and responded with “Yes sir Mr Penguin” and headed for the door. Oswald, as quickly and discreetly as possible, tucked himself away while Edward watched Jay intently. Oswald would have been more concerned about Ed attention on his bartender but was more focused on trying to tuck himself away with some dignity.

As soon as Jay shut the door Ed attention snapped back to Oswald. Ed placed his forefinger against lip and tilted his head mockingly as if in thought. “Really Ozzie? Mr Penguin” with his hand on his heart and his manic laughter bubbling out “Do you ask all your lovers to call you that or is this one special?” Oswald rolled his eyes at Ed's dramatics. “it's a term of respect Eddie. Even you called me Mr Penguin” Ed's face went red at that comment, whether from anger or embarrassment Oswald couldn't say. “So unless you want me to call security and have you dragged out of here get to the point. I don't have time for your dramatics. As you just saw I was in the middle of a pressing engagement”

Ed's whole body language changed. Eyes downcast and body rigid. No longer manic but cold and emotionless. “Yes,very.” Ed deadpanned, all theatrics dropped. He could never handle being made fun of. For a man with such a big ego he had remarkably thin skin. “You can't leave him out there too long, he may find a way to escape” Ed then looked up at Oswald and smirked “Was it his life or his job you threatened in order to get him on his knees?” Oswald saw red. He rose suddenly, and launched the vodka bottle at Ed. Ed dodged, barely, and the bottle shattered on the wall. Oswald and Ed stood there, Oswald panting in rage and Ed glaring straight back. After what felt like ages, but was probably no more than a few moments, Oswald sat back down. He appeared almost calm. He smiled that simpering, and condescending, smile he uses to dismiss and placate people “Well friend I believe it is time you left, please feel free to come back when you have an appointment” then Oswald turned his focus to the paperwork on his desk as if Ed was not even in the office. The dismissal clear. Ed continued to stand there for a while, fingers tapping against his thigh in impatience, fully expecting that Oswald would not be to continue to ignore his presence. He soon realised that Oswald was determined and went to speak when, almost as if predicting Ed's plan, Oswald pressed the intercom on his desk “Victor, Mr Nygma needs an escort. Can you please come to my office”. Zsasz promptly responded “Sure thing boss”. Oswald watched Ed's shoulders drop in his periphery vision. He would leave without incident, he knew now when to quit when it came to the Penguin. “No need Oswald, I know the way” Ed, the drama queen, spins around and storms out, slamming the door as he leaves.

As soon as Ed was out of the office Oswald collapsed in on himself. He hates how he let Ed get to him. Ed is so good at knowing just what to say to get Oswald to react. “I should have left him an ice cube” Oswald muttered, his hand rubbing over his face. Zsasz walked in at that moment “Everything okay Boss?” eyes scanning the room for any threats. “Everythings fine now Victor. Mr Nygma remembered the way out”. Zsasz shrugged “If you say so Boss” and turned to leave. Just as he's about to shut the door Oswald stops him “Oh… Um… Can you please let Jay know he no longer needed tonight.” Zsasz nods and closes the door.