Chapter:21

I walked with one of the women that was sitting next to me in the box. At every event he had gotten me tickets since we started dating in April. Except when I had a competition. Then during the summer he went with me to a few events.

As we exited the box I saw Mason and some girl. It looked like they were in a deep kiss. I backed up a few steps before turning to leave. Usually it's on his arm, not this time. As I got outside I grabbed a Tulsa cab to the nearest greyhound bus stop.

From there I rode to Springfield before getting an uber car to Cassville. I even paid the driver double for gas since it was almost an hour and thirty minutes back. I changed the code and took Thatch for a ride.

Mason

This random girl came up to me while I was waiting on Zoe and slammed her lips into mine. Every time I tried to get away she dragged me in closer. As soon as I broke away from her I wiped my mouth on my sleeve and looked around. I saw Zoe's retreating backside and tried to catch up to her.

As soon as I got to the fans I was held back being asked for autographs and pictures. I had no time for that. After I had gotten through the crowd and outside she was no where to be seen. I tried calling her. No answer. I tried calling the ranch. No answer there either.

I slammed my phone onto the pavement. The screen shattering let me it was broke beyond fixing. I leaned against my truck frustrated with myself over that freaking fan girl that had to shove her face in mine and kiss me.

I kicked the tire and hid as a group of girls came out. "I hate when they do that." I looked beside me seeing Derek Kolbaba. "Chasing you?" I asked. "Yup." He said. "I hate it when they think they've got to randomly kiss you." I said. "Yeah. Especially when you've got a girl and they know it." He said. "Sorry. I saw what happened. It wasn't your fault. She kissed you and you tried to break free." He said.

"Yeah now I've got to get her back somehow. Because of that b--ch." I said. "I'd give her some time then talk to her." He said. "The longer I wait the longer she stays mad. I hate it when she's mad at me." I said. "Then go for her. If you love her that much you either let her go or go after her." He said.

"I'll sneak out tomorrow after the last round." I told him. "Good luck man." He said.

Zoe

As soon as I got back to the house I checked my phone that I had turned off since I got on in the cab last night. Mason had called multiple times. I then tried to call him. No answer. If he wanted to call me so badly why isn't he picking up now?

I went out to the stable checking the office phone. The same amount of missed calls. "Hey Zoe. I thought you and Mason were still in Tulsa." Michael said. "Change of plans. He's still in Tulsa." I told him.

"I saw he tried to call the ranch. I tried calling him back but no answer. He probably got angry and broke his phone." Michael said. "Doubt it. He's probably still asleep with that tramp he was kissing last night." I said.

"The only girl I know who he'd kiss is you. Those fan girls will do anything to kiss those guys. You just have to shove them aside and show them who's property he is." He said. "Yeah. When he gets his head out of his butt. And try to come in let me know if he's trying to explain himself." I said.

Then left the office. I saddled a horse and rode off to a corner of the property. As soon as I was at the place I dismounted and loosened the girth on the horse. I walked a few paces before sitting down on a rock. I threw a rock hitting a tree.

Then cursed as I saw the indention in the tree trunk. Just like a piece of my heart. Gone. I then threw another rock it breaking into two pieces. Just like my heart. I picked up the two pieces seeing a fossil inside. It fits together like a puzzle. I stuck it in the saddle bag before tightening the girth back.

I mounted the horse before taking the long way home.