Chapter Thirteen

Thanks for reading! I've made over 400 views! Maybe we can get it to 1k in the next month.

Chapter Thirteen

I was able to leave the hospital, and so now I was sitting in the car with Tyler on the ride to his place.

Macie had already went home, one of her friends picked her up.

"Why were you so upset when I was dead. I mean, yeah I see being upset, but you cried when you were telling me what happened." I pointed out, and he let out a long sigh.

"That's a story for another time." He deadpanned, and it was my turn to sigh.

We pulled into the driveway and we got out.

I shifted on my feet uncomfortably while he unlocked the door and held it open for me.

I offered him a smile which he gladly returned.

***

After Kara had gushed when she saw me, throwing her arms around me and telling me how glad she was that I was okay, Tyler and I went to the living room.

He put in some romcom because I suggested it.
It felt so odd, knowing not too long ago I was dead; it's almost impossible to comprehend.

I let out a sigh and sunk into the couch.

"Is everything alright?" Tyler asked, and I nodded.

It was then I realized tomorrow was one of the last days of school, so I had to be there.

Yay. (Note the sarcasm)

***

I woke up to Tyler shaking my shoulders gently.

My eyelids fluttered open, revealing a dark room.

"Where am I?" I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes.

"You're in the living room. You slept through dinner and everything. Do you want to stay here, or do you want to go to your room?" He asked, sounding tired himself.

"My room." I replied, pushing myself off of the couch and walking to my room.

Tyler didn't say anything else, so I'm assuming he's just as tired as me.

I was asleep in mere seconds.

I slammed my fist on my phone, probably cracking it.
I died, I shouldn't still have to go to school.

I crawled out of bed and picked out a pair of ripped black jeans and a grey sleeveless shirt.

I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair before applying a minimal amount of make-up.

I yawned before stumbling into Tyler's room; he stirred in his sleep from my elephant feet, but didn't wake up.

I sighed before walking over to him and gently shaking him awake.

His eyes slowly opened and he groaned.

"Morning already?" He asked, his voice deep and gravelly.

I smiled fondly before nodding.

He sighed before rolling out of bed and shooing me out of his room so he could change.

I slipped my white converse on and sat on the couch, waiting for Tyler.

I crossed my legs and pulled my phone out of my front pocket.

I started scrolling through my instagram, liking pretty much every picture I scrolled pass.

Tyler tapped my shoulder and I turned around to meet his beautiful green bright green eyes, specks of gold and dark blue sprinkled across the green.

"You ready?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze.

I nodded, and jumped off of the couch, shoving my phone back in my pocket.

He offered me a smile, which made my heart skip a beat.
I quickly returned the smile before turning away.

I didn't want him to be able to see through me.

He climbed on the motorcycle and handed me the helmet; I didn't hesitate taking it because I knew there was no way he was taking 'no', for an answer.

I climbed on behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist; he tensed under the touch.

He revved the engine before backing out of the driveway and heading to school.

Only today and tomorrow and then school's out for the summer.

Next stop: Senior year.

We pulled into the parking lot and climbed off of the motorcycle.

I hung the helmet on the handle of the motorcycle before waving goodbye to Tyler and looking for Taylor.

I was getting sent shocked expressions by everyone I passed.

I was beyond confused, what had happened?

I finally found Taylor and her expression was just as surprised.

"I thought you died!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me into a suffocating embrace.

"I did, but thanks to a few doctors and nurses, I'm back." I explained, and her grin was huge.

Her eyes were watering, but she blinked back any tears before they were shed, since everyone's eyes were on us.

"Thank carrots for that." She breathed, and we started walking to class.

Even though the bell hadn't rang.

***

Tyler, Taylor, Macie and I were all at a table in a nearly empty ice cream shop.

"Chocolate is way better than mint chip." Taylor argued, and Macie and I narrowed our eyes at her.

"Heck to the no!" Macie exclaimed, taking a bite of her mint chip.

"What are your thoughts on the subject?" I asked Tyler, bringing him in on the argument.

"I think you're all crazy, I'm questioning myself as to why I'm here with you guys." He said, and we all narrowed our eyes at him.

He threw his arms up in the air and chuckled nervously.

"Kidding!" He lied, and we all rolled our eyes.

"Sure," I muttered under my breath, and he lightly tapped my shin with the toe of his shoe.

I grinned cheekily at him and he sighed.

***

Sorry this chapter was kind of short, but I wanted to upload it.
Thanks for being there! All the votes and comments are seriously Amazing, thanks so much!