“You look pretty,” I complimented her when she came in.

She blushed slightly and twirled once. “Really?” She asked.

“Yeah,” I replied, smiling. She was wearing a short black skirt and a light blue top with a black bow on the top right of it and a really cute pair of black flats. Her makeup was light and her blond hair fell freely over her shoulders.

“Thanks,” she answered, looking relieved. I guess she wanted my opinion on that because she had a date with Josh tonight. Clarissa and Tom weren’t too happy with us going out on a school night because they liked having dinner with us all everyday but they allowed us to go, though.

“Oh hey Alex,” she then said, giving him a smile.

“Hey,” he replied and I noticed that he wasn’t texting anymore.

“Get out, Emily. He finally stopped texting and I want him to explain something before he starts texting again,” I said jokingly and she laughed.

“Study well,” she said as she turned to leave.

“Have fun!” I called after her and I heard a faint ‘thanks’ as she closed my door.

“Where’s the mistake?” I asked him, glancing at my copybook.

He didn’t reply until after a while of staring at me. “Here,” he said as he pointed at the third line of the equation.

“You should—” he started but I cut him off.

“No! No! Don’t tell me!” I exclaimed and he jumped, surprised at my sudden excitement “Give me!”

Why was I excited over knowing a math answer? I have no idea.

I quickly erased the wrong part and started writing the correct answer before I forget it.

“Correct,” he said and I grinned.

“I’m so smart,” I said arrogantly but of course I was joking and he opened his mouth to say something. I kind of knew what he was going to say so I held up a finger, stopping him. I didn’t want to hear him say that it was one of the simple equations and every normal person in our class would know the answer.

“Don’t!” I ordered “Let me be happy with myself for now.”

He closed his mouth and smirked.

I glanced at my watch and found that it was already 6:30. Paul was going to be here in fifteen minutes.

“Can we stop?” I asked hopefully.

“You still have one equation,” he said and I pouted.

“Can we do that tomorrow?” I asked, giving him my puppy face. I wanted to change my clothes before Paul arrives and I didn’t want to do any more equations.