Chapter Eighteen

Returning back to Kensington Palace, Meredith slipped off her heels and jacket. She set the things down by the door and listened. Harry's things were there, but it was silent inside the flat. It was never a good sign.

Meredith knew she needn't be concerned because while her first thought was Jack Campbell got into the apartment and murdered Harry, it wasn't the case. Harry had a surprise for her, and she knew this as she walked around the corner.

Rose petals laid across the ground and a few candles were lit. Thankfully there weren't too many because Harry knew Meredith was concerned about fire. Other romantic things were set out, like sparkling champagne and chocolate truffles. Harry even went out of his way to remove the non-fully chocolate ones from the fruit and nuts on. It was a little bowl just for Meredith who preferred only chocolate truffles. A few truffles had a bite taken out of them, where Harry had gotten hungry.

The dark shades were pulled across the windows, creating a dark world around her. The candles lit her path. Soft, sensual music played in the background, but Meredith had no interest in that. "Harry?" she asked.

Not having to wait long, Harry leaned against a doorway, wearing nothing.

"Oh dear." Meredith rolled her eyes.

"I think you mean: Hello, dear." Harry said it in the most husky voice possible. Walking forward, he kept his blue eyes on her every step of the way, and Meredith arched an eyebrow. "How was the event?"

"Per usual," she said, flipping her blonde hair back. "I see you're home, and waiting." Meredith couldn't keep the smile off her face. "Is there something you like?"

"You."

"Which bit?"

"All." Harry kissed her. His fingers interlaced with her hair, and softly he pulled out her half bun. Her curly locks fell around her shoulders. Meredith kissed back, wrapping her arms lower, not minding touch his asset. Harry let out a giggle as Meredith tickled him. Rocking back, Meredith shot him a sly smile, and he shook his head. "How about you take your clothes off? You look hot."

A pink blush infected her skin.

Harry's tender fingers started with the zipper on the back of dress, making it down go at a snail's pace. Kisses followed with every inch of exposed skin. Meredith's knees quaked. At the end of the line, Harry moved his lips to her shoulders, sliding off the sleeves, trailing kisses behind. The dress fell to the ground.

"May I?" he asked, hot breath on her ear.

"Yes," she answered.

With ease, Harry unsnapped the back of bra, and it fell off her body. His fingers dipped low and slid her panties down. It stopped there. Harry walked around to the front of her and knelt to a knee.

Meredith arched an eyebrow. "May I help you?"

Taking her left hand in his hand, Harry only wondered again, "May I?"

She nodded.

Harry slid off her engagement ring of emerald and diamonds, and he placed it on the table beside them for safe keeping. His eyes came up to her again. "So, have an ideas what you want to do next?"

"I'm cold."

"I know a way to warm you up." Standing, Harry kissed her again, putting his lips to her. Every move he made was just to please her. The soft music added a nice mood, breaking in their home. While it wasn't Meredith's new home, it was nonetheless her home.

Her fingers gripped his face, daring him to stay as close as he did-- daring him to come closer. She didn't want him to let go, like she might lose him. A fear that coursed through her veins when she woke up without him there beside her. Thankfully it wasn't often. 

Arms snaking around her body, he dared to pull her closer, until their bodies never left each other. Instead of just doing it right then and there, Harry paused. His hand slid out, taking hers with him, and slowly he swayed. His other hand sat on her hip, like he did with the waltz with her.

"Not ruining the moment, am I?" he asked.

Meredith shrugged. "You're dancing is... hilarious."

"Fuck you."

"I had that in mind." Meredith kissed him again, pulling him closer again. A needing flowed through her veins, lighting her on the fire. Harry felt the urge too, but he kept some mystery. Meredith wanted it all.

With the closed shades simulating darkness, they didn't know how long it was. They weren't sure what happened next into the jumble of bodies. They weren't sure when they just fell asleep. They weren't sure how it all went down. The world stopped turning, but they never did. The night continued on.

Lying on the floor in a heap of blankets and pillows, Harry's head laid on Meredith's stomach. Her fingers played with his ginger locks. Both pairs of eyes stared up at the white ceiling.  The breathing had calmed after a few minutes, but Meredith's heart yet electric, going a million miles an hour. Harry listened carefully.

Rolling off of her, Harry met her gaze with a lazy smile. "Was I that good?"

Meredith scoffed. "I did a lot of work."

Harry waited for answer.

"You were good."

"Good?" Harry kissed her. "Not great? Not wonderful? Not-- how did that scream go?" He threatened to imitate her, but Meredith placed her hand on his lips, shaking her head no.  Harry licked her hand, and she drew it back, shaking off his germs. "Really?"

"Is that how we're claiming things now?"

"You like when I lick other body parts."

Meredith shook her head and closed her eyes.

"Are you tired, Mere?" Harry asked.

"Did you not expect me to be?" Her fingers danced carefully over his skin, just wanting some form of touch. Meredith's body needed it. "You did marvelously."

Harry let out a chuckle. "I'm happy I could please you, my princess."

She let out a squeak.

"Not ready for that yet?"

"Duchess sounds fine. Princess is not necessary," Meredith said. "I sound like a poodle or a child if I'm a princess. A duchess sounds noble and timeless."

"Mere," Harry kissed her stomach, "you are timeless." Rolling over again, he grabbed the engagement ring off the table and spun back around. "Meredith Rogue, will you marry me?"

"Every time?" she asked.

"Every time until I get it right." Harry laughed. "Will you marry me?"

"No."

Harry looked offended, but he knew she only joked. "I'm just going to keep asking until I wear you down: Mere, will you marry me? Will you marry me? Will you marry me? Marry me? Marry me?" He switched pitches and accents. "Marry me? Marry me? Will you marry me? Marry me? Will you please marry me? Marry me? Will you marry me, Meredith Rogue? Mere, will you marry--"

"I will if you shut up." 

"That's not an answer. Will you--"

"Yes!" Meredith held out of her hand, and Harry slid the ring on. The emerald glinted in the dim light. Harry laid down beside her, his body touching hers. There was peace again.