Chapter 14

Serena's POV

Once New- Lily had left, The Doctor explained it in more detail. 'The weeping angels. They can't move of you're looking at them - just don't look them in the eyes. If they touch you, then you'll be sent back in time. It'd be a fixed point - no one could save you.'

'Okay, the , who else is desperate to go look around?'

Rory went to get Lily, and we stepped out of the TARDIS.

In front of us, the five angels hadn't moved. I thought they moved when you weren't looking? None of us had been looking...

We kept our eyes on the angels and added around them. Once we were out of sight, I wondered why they didn't follow from behind.

They just didn't.

The planet we stood on seemed very much like a giant greenhouse. Plants surrounded us, green leaves stroking the side of my face.

'Well, now what?' I said.

'Yeah, Doctor, what do we do now?' Said New- Lily!

I need to write that on my hand, or something...

'We explore!'

He bounced off. Lily's monkey's tail swept at my head as he jumped up and into a tree, and started swinging through the branches, following The Doctor. Myself, Lily, Amy and Rory all followed him, too.

'Jack's your brother?' I said to Lily. It wasn't really a question - more of a statement. I didn't need to ask.

'How did you know that?'

'You were asking where Jack was a few minutes ago.'

'But how did you know he was my brother?'

'Because I read it.' I said simply.

'That makes no sense.'

'None of this makes sense.' I replied. 'You haven't seen him in a while. And you miss him - but you forgot, when we were on that other planet.'

'I guess...' Lily muttered uncertainly.

'I never had siblings.' I said. 'To be honest, I think I must have been a mistake. Sherlock isn't the kind of person who... You know. Especially not with a prostitute.'

'You call your dad by his name? You don't call him 'dad'?'

'I'm not good with relationships.' I responded simply. 'I definitely don't know how to be any good at - well, being his daughter, and I'm pretty sure he's not extremely confident about being a dad, either.'

'And... Your mum' said prostitute?'

'Irene Adler.' I said her name tonelessly. 'You might know her, you probably won't. She's just 'The Woman'.'

'Oh.' Was all Lily said.

'Yeah. I'm just waiting for Sherlock and John to admit that they're secretly in love! and for John to finally admit that he's gay.'

'You told me before that he wasn't gay, so don't ask.'

'That doesn't mean that I think he is, too.' I said. 'Everyone does. He literally has to remind us at least once a day.'

'You ship your dad and the other guy you live with?' Said Lily. 'Never thought I'd meet someone who ships their dad.'

'Ship? Isn't that a boat?'

'Yeah,' said Lily, smiling. 'But I mean a different type of ship. You know. You think they should get together.'

'Right...' I muttered, and we drifted into an awkward silence.

I didn't know how this whole 'friend' thing worked, but if seen a few crappy TV shows and films.

I hooked my arm around Lily's. 'Why are you being weird?' She asked.

Quickly drawing my arm away, I said, 'How am I being weird?'

'No insults since we got off the TARDIS, actually trying to make conversation with me... That's very weird, you know.'

If that wasn't exactly what you were supposed to do, then I really didn't know how to be a friend, did I?