Chapter 25 - The danger

Lisa's POV

After Zack and I had sex in the garage, Zack told me he had something important to discuss with me. We decided to go into the living room to talk.

Once we were inside, Zack gestured to me to sit on the couch. He came and sat beside.

"I met with Stefano yesterday," he said and grabbed my hands

"I met with Stefano yesterday," he said and grabbed my hands. "I told him everything."

"Everything?" I asked.

"I told him about us," he said as he rubbed my hands.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"I told him about our relationship," he said calmly. "I also told him that you are my girlfriend."

"He's the one who hurt you, isn't he?" I asked as I gestured to the bruise on his lip.

He nodded and explained, "I let him, but that's not important." He paused before he continued, "I let him know that you aren't getting involved in this mess because I wasn't going to allow it."

"Zack, I want to help you. She's dangerous. She can hurt you."

"Lisa, I won't let you be in that kind of danger. Especially in your current situation," He said. "Please don't be stubborn about this and listen to me."

I grabbed Zack's hand. "Zack, I understand that you are worried about what could happen. I worry too," I told him.

"Then why would you want to get involved?"

"Because if she isn't in jail, we all are in more danger," I explained to him. "Plus, she hasn't done anything to me."

He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.

"She threatened to hurt you."

"When?" I questioned. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry," he said as he stroked my cheek.

"That's the reason your security won't let me go anywhere alone, isn't it?"

He nodded and said, "You don't know her. She will do anything as long as she gets what she wants."

"She needs to go to jail. I can help put her there."

"No Lisa, I won't let you get involved. It's not up for discussion."

***

After our discussion, Zack and I were on our way to the farmhouse.

I didn't understand why Mary was targeting Zack as well.

I understood why she's after Stefano. After all, she was his ex-girlfriend.

But why Zack?

I looked over at Zack as he drove the car.