Chapter 21

Kellin

I watched Copeland as she was being herself. She was so cute! She began to giggle as I sang and danced. I placed my hat on her as I got done dancing and she tried to do what I did and it was hysterical!

Daniella has to see this! I thought to myself.

I walked to her room.

"Daniella?" I said while knocking on the door. There was no answer. Maybe she was sleeping.

I opened the door. Her bed was messed up. I walked in and looked around. Nothing. I went to her bathroom door and knocked again.

"Daniella are you in here? Come on you gotta watch Copeland, she's doing the most precious thing."

I tried the knob it was unlocked. I turned it and the bathroom was empty as well.

I walked in and noticed a piece of paper taped to the mirror.

Kellin and Katielynn,

Right now it's 12 pm. I'm going to the company building to stop a suicide. If I'm not in a hour call the cops.

Love,

Daniella

I look at the clock on night stand it read

5:27. Holy shit! It's been 5 hours!

I quickly ran to the kitchen and dialed the home phone.

"Kellin honey, what's the matter?" Katelynn asked holding Copland.

"Daniella's gone!" I said while giving her the note.

Finally after the 6th or 7th ring a lady answered the phone.

"9 1 1 What's the state of your emergency?"

"My daughter has been gone for 5 hours, and I found a note that instructed me to call the cops if she wasn't back in 1 hour. I just found The note taped to her bathroom mirror."

"Okay we will send a policeman to your location."

45 minutes later........
The cop came to my door. I invited him in while he asked me questions
"Has she ever ran away before."
"What?! No!"
"Do you know why she ran away?"
I pinched the bridge of my nose with my index finger and my thumb.
"She didn't run away. Look can you find her?! I'm afraid something bad has happened."
"Does she have a I phone?" The cop asked me.

"Yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with anything." I said while bouncing Copeland up and down.

"With the technology we have today we can track the phone down." He said.

It only took 10 minutes to find what we were looking for.

I got up off the couch and walked to Katielynn and handed her Copeland.

"I'll be back. Y'all be safe."

I turned and followed the cops out of my house and was headed to Ohio.

When we arrived I smelled gasoline. It was strong.

The cops yelled to the door.

"We have the place surrounded! Come out with your hands up!"

We paused. There was no answer.

"You have one more chance! Come out now!"

We paused again.

The cops began to knock the door down. I stood behind them, watching. When the door fell a man and a boy was laying on the ground gasping for air.

The cops grabbed them and dragged them out. I ran in and called for Daniella.