Chapter 36

It probably wasn't even a whole day that passed when Travis already began to steal Zane's sweaters and masks. Sometimes Zane would have his mask besides him and the next second it would be with Travis. Not that it bothered Zane at all, it just brought him a few moments of confusion on where they would go before he either saw Travis wearing them or remembered that Travis now stole them on a daily occasion.

When it came to his sweaters, Travis would only steal them whenever he felt cold and didn't want to bother Zane by pulling him into a cuddle session. And other times Travis just felt like wearing the sweaters. 

"Your sweaters are the most comfortable sweaters I've ever worn! I understand why you always wear these each day." Travis stated as he was tugging the black and grey sweater on. His eyes were twinkling with joy when he had it on.

"What are your sweaters made of?" He questioned, his green eyes flickering up to meet Zane's gaze. "I don't know, cotton?" Zane's shoulders rose up while he shrugged. "Cotton?" There was a smile plastered on Travis' face. "I think it's made of boyfriend material." 

"Why did I have a feeling you were going to say something like that?" 

The smile on Travis' face grew wider at the response from Zane. Seeing the smile on Travis only caused Zane to shake his head while a quiet chuckle left his mouth. 

They left to sit down at the couch and began a small conversation. "When will your parents come by again?" Travis asked with a small tilt of his head. "I'm not sure, how come?" Zane perked a brow up. 

"Last time they came I didn't have the chance to ask for embarrassing stories or pictures!" 

"Oh Irene, now I'm making sure my parents never stop by again." 

"You can't do that! I want to hear some stories of baby you." Travis held a toothy grin as he spoke. "I will hear some stories and see pictures Zane." His voice was laced with confidence and determination. 

"Just do it when I'm not around." Zane told him while looking at him. Travis nodded, "Fine by me. Oh, I hope your parents show up again soon." 

Zane hummed in response and pulled out his phone to play with when it vibrated in his hand. He tapped on the notification and was sent to his text messages with Aphmau. His eyes scanned the text before averting over to Travis to find him looking at his own phone.

"Aphmau?" Zane spoke up and watched Travis glance up from his phone. "Yep." Travis took a quick glance to his phone's screen and looked back up at Zane. 

"She wants us all to go to the beach." 

A small groan escaped Zane's lips as he shut his eyes closed. A small frown tugged at Zane's mouth. The thought of the beach wasn't pleasant at all to Zane. A beach meant people everywhere yelling and kicking sand everywhere as they ran around like chickens. Also even with the shade, the sun would still be an annoyance. 

"Oh c'mon, it sounds fun." 

Zane's eyes opened as they landed on Travis and he shook his head. "It doesn't." He crossed his arms over his chest. Travis raised a brow, "Care to explain why?"

"Well first off, there's sand everywhere." 

"Yeah, most beaches have sand." 

"But it's always so hot. It feels like it's burning feet anytime I have to walk on it even with shoes on." Zane stated and Travis softly chuckled at him. "If you want I'll carry you." Travis offered and Zane looked at him, considering the offer. 

"There's also so many people just running around and screaming at each other over whatever. When they run they end up kicking the sand everywhere! On people, towels-" 

"This has something to do with the sand, doesn't it?" "Yep." Zane nodded to confirm and leaned against the armrest of the couch. 

"I'm going to have to go anyway, don't I?" Zane questioned, earning a nod from Travis. "You know that Aphmau and Garroth will both make you go." Travis responded and Zane emitted another groan as he just buried his face on the armrest of the couch. Travis was right, there was no way that Aphmau or Garroth would just let him stay home instead of hanging out with them and the others.

"Hey," Zane picked up his head after he felt Travis softly nudge him by the shoulder. He turned his head towards Travis, giving him all his attention. "I know you don't really like beaches, but I'll make sure that you find it enjoyable while we're there." 

The frown from earlier disappeared and a small smile replaced it. "Thanks Travis," Zane leaned forward to peck Travis' lips quickly before going back to lean against the armrest.

"When you were complaining about the sand, all I could think of was that one song from Frozen."

"Oh my Irene. Don't start singing-"

"A drink in my hand, my snow up against the burning sand~!" 

"If you do this in front of Aphmau and she starts singing Frozen songs, I am leaving."