"Yes you were," Chloe laughed. "Do you need anything?"

"Can you get me some water?" Beca asked.

Chloe nodded and went to the cooler before coming back with a cup of water. "There you go."

"Thanks so much," Beca winked as she took a sip.

Coach Smith looked up from the score book before turning around to look at Chloe. "Will you go play left field this inning?"

"Yeah!" Chloe said. "You'll be okay?" She asked Beca.

The brunette nodded. "I'm good."

"Alright," Chloe said.

"Go win this for me," Beca smiled as Chloe walked out of the dugout.

She got her phone out of her bag and tapped on Hailee's contact before hitting the call button.

"Did you win?" Hailee asked excitedly the second she picked up.

"The game's still going on," Beca laughed. "Where are you?"

"In the car with my mom," Hailee said.

"I screwed up my knee," The older girl said with a laugh.

"You hurt your knee?" Hailee repeated in shock.

Sheila grabbed the phone from Hailee and immediately started freaking out. "Do you need us to come get you? Is Kate there? Should I take you to the hospital?"

"I'm fine," Beca laughed. "Kate isn't here and by the time anyone gets here, we'll be almost home. Just have my dad make me an appointment for tomorrow. And tell him it's not a big deal."

"Can you walk on it?"

"Not yet but I'll be able to in a little bit," Beca said. "It's been bothering me for a few weeks now but I didn't want to miss the rest of the season."

"Honey, you should've told us," Sheila said seriously.

"I'm fine," Beca shrugged. "Just tell my dad it's not a big deal and I'll go to the doctor tomorrow."

"Okay," Sheila sighed. "See you soon. I love you."

"I love you too," Beca said right before Hailee was put on the phone.

"What time are you coming home?" The younger girl wondered.

"Around 8," Beca said. "I'll see you in a little while, kid. I love you."

"Love you too Becs," Hailee laughed. "Bye!"

Beca put her phone down and tried to keep her mind off the pain in her knee.

***********

Barden had won the game 4-3 and after celebratory ice cream, they were on their way home. Beca's knee had started feeling a little bit better and she was able to walk on it with a limp. Beca glanced up from her phone and leaned into Chloe. "I'm gonna say something now if that's okay."

Chloe nodded excitedly and squeezed Beca's hand back. "You'll be ok."

"So uh, I have something to tell you guys," Beca started out, turning around on the bus seat as best she could with her messed up knee. "Actually, me and Chloe both do. We're dating."

"I called it!" Kaylee said excitedly from the back of the bus.

"Me too!" A girl named Hannah said.

Beca smiled at that. "We were gonna say something earlier but I'm not out to my dad yet and I was so afraid that you guys would be weird about it."