Because I'm a Dixon

Daryls P.O.V- I was going to get married a girl when I was 33, but she got pregnant which pushed back the wedding. Her name was Katherine Wells. She died about 9 hours after Addison was born. Since I was there she told me to take her and raise her with my own life, but, I couldn't handle taking care of her by myself. So I gave her up for adoption. About 2 days later Negan came and took her and has raised her ever since. The reason I'm basically a redneck now is because having Katherine and Addison both escape from my life made me a wreck. Right now as Addisons looking at me with tears in her eyes makes me feel ashamed. "You're my dad..." I nod with tears in my eyes. Carl walks over to Rick leaving us standing about a foot apart. All of a sudden she wraps her arms around me and I can't help but do the same back. She pulls away after a long 2 minutes. "Why have I been living with him for 15 years then?" She says while crying a little. "You were put up for adoption." I say with the tears disappearing in my eyes.She sniffles and then wipes her tears. "But-But, why?" I look down at the ground. "We should go somewhere to talk."
Addisons P.O.V- I feel like my whole world's been turned around in a thousand circles, nonstop. I mean, Daryl's my real dad and I've been living with Negan for the 15 years I've been alive. I bet Daryl would've been a much better dad to raise me then Negan. Daryl leads me into a little house to talk about my life. He sits down nervously beside me at a kitchen table. "Are you sure you want to hear about what happened, before?" I take a deep breath and nod my head. "Ya. I'm sure." To be honest, I've never really heard about my life as a kid. But, this is it now. I'm finding out my story. Daryl, well dad, sits with his arms on the table and starts talking. "Your mom and I, Katherine Wells, were together for about 4 years. We were gonna get married when we were 33. But then she got pregnant with you so we were gonna get married after you were born. Then in October the next year when she turned 34, she had you." I had tears welling up in my eyes. "I was there with her when you were born. About 9 hours after you were born-" He had tears in his eyes as well. "She just stopped breathing. Her blood pressure was to low and her heart rate wasn't high enough. She told me to take care of you with my own life. But loosing her, I just couldn't take care of you. You reminded me of her so much." A tear strolled down my right cheek. "About 3 weeks later I put you up for adoption." You wipe away the tears. "That's when Negan came and adopted me." I say while seeing a tear roll down his left cheek. He nods his head. I stand up and go hug him. "I'm so sorry." He says crying a little. I smile while crying a little to. "It's ok."
Half an hour later- After Daryl and I are finished talking about where I'm going to live, and our last name, I decide I need to go to the Sanctuary to ask Negan about me being adopted and why he never told me. Although I have to ask, what kind of last name is Dixon? I walk to the front gate beside Carl, filling him in on who's daughter I actually am. "No, I'm Daryls actual daughter! Negan adopted me!" I say for the 3rd time, sort of chuckling. "Oh, ok. I get it now. But I still don't get why you have to go back." I just scoff sarcastically. "It's because I need to talk to Negan about the whole thing about me being adopted." He smiles. "Are you gonna come back after? I'll want to know if you're ok." He says taking my hand. It feels like there are a million butterflies fluttering around inside of me. Do I like Carl? No, I can't! I just met him today! Well, in this world now, it doesn't really matter what age you start loving people at. The way I think of it is 'love is just a broken rule.' I hug Carl while I see Daryl and Rick give a slight smile. I let go and then we lock eyes for a minute until I move away to hug dad, for like the 4th time today. "Don't worry about me dad. I'll come back safe." I say letting go, smiling. "I know you will, you're my daughter." He tussles my hair and then I duck and move away. "See ya later Addison." Rick says smiling as I step outside the gates. They close and I head back to the place where I live. I can't call that place home because it's not where my family is. Alexandria is my home now, and I'm always going to come back, because I'm a Dixon.