Chapter Eight

"You have no idea how fast my heart races when I see you."

*********
Maddie's POV

When I got to Jack's house. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Jack lived in a very big house almost like a mansion. When I was inside I was way more shocked than when I was outside. The inside was white with pictures on the walls of Jack's family and there was a black and gold line cutting the white in between. There were vases and very looking expensive furniture.

When I was done meeting his mom and surprised that he talks about me with his mom, we went to his room and when I entered it there was a king sized bed in the middle of the room and there was another room which was the bathroom. "Well should we get started?" Jack said interrupting my thoughts.

"Uh yeah." I said getting closer to him.

"Good, now that we got most of the things done we could just design it since it looks plain right now." He said and we both laughed a little.

"Yeah I brought some markers to decorate it." I said while getting the markers out of my backpack.

"Good." He said and I handed it to him, his hand touched my and that sent my body shiver down my spine. We started working and after we were done we just layed on his bed resting.
After a minute or two pasted he leaned in and kissed my cheek.
My faced turned all red and I got up quickly before he could kiss me again. He got up too and said,"Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable by giving you a kiss, Maddie." I was feeling so many thing at that moment. Happy, confused, suprised. I just looked at him. I opened my mouth to talk but words weren't comin out so I closed it.

"Maddie please say something. I'm sorry I kissed you but i couldn't help it, you just looked so beautiful laying there. Please say something to make me feel better." He said. It took a while but I said to him, "Its ok. I'm just suprised."

He sighed a relieve and asked, " I didn't make you feel uncomfortable did I? "

"No, I'm just confused. Why'd you kiss my cheek?"I asked.

"That's because I li-- I mean its because I wanted to." He said.

"Oh, I understand now."I said. I was disappointed I thought he would say he likes me but uh whatever why am I feeling sad about it. Lets forget about  it."
"Well anyway I better get home. My mom will worry about me if I'm not home before dinner." I said while picking my backpack up and putting on my back.

"Oh yeah. I'll lead you to the door. And again sorry for kissing you." He said.

"Its ok. It didn't bother me that you kissed my cheek."I said with my face getting a little red.

Jack's POV

After I kissed Maddie I felt like I did something wrong. But honestly I couldn't help myself she just looked so damn beautiful laying right there by my side on my king sized bed. I hope I didn't mess things up and make it totally awkward between us. I know it was too quick and we just met each other and we ugh I don't know anymore. I think I should just resist on doing anything with her. But she said it was fine with me kissing her cheek. Maybe I should...nope never mind.

As I led Maddie to the front door. I apologized one more time just to be sure she didn't feel awkward around me.

"Jack, I told you already its fine and I'm fine. This won't make things awkward. Honestly I didnt mind but was just suprised. Ok?" She said.

"Ok." I replied.

"Hey Jack. Remember to smile and don't feel bad about it. Bye." She said with a smile and waved bye.

"Bye." Was all I could say. I still can't believe she smiled at me. And she came over to my house. And I touched her hand. It felt soft. Smooth.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Next morning I got up and did everything I usually did in the morning. I was too happy to see Maddie. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about her.

When I got to school, my best friend Ryder came up to me and asked,"Bro, why are you so happy? Is it because of Maddie? Come one dude tell me." He pleaded.

"Ok ok. I'll tell you. Just stop pleading. I was going to tell you anyways." I said. So I told him everything that happened.

"Bro I'm sorry." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked." It wasn't anything that serious. Honestly I'm fine."

"Dude, I know when your lieing. And I also know that you've liked this girl since the beginning of the school year because you wouldn't stop talking about her." He said matter-of-factly.

"Ok ok. I'll tell you but don't say anything like that again. It just makes me embarrassed. So I do feel a little bad because I feel like I ruined our partnership because I kissed her. Ugh I knew I shouldn't have done it. But honestly i couldn't help it. What am i suppose to do? Hide my feelings until its the right time?" He asked.

"Well yeah. You just gave yourself great advice. Good job." He said.

"Really that's all you have to say. You just agree with me and didn't even try to change my mine. Wow, you sure are a good friend."

"What do want me to say? You should just say to her that you like her or something." He said.

"Come dude, I'm not joking around now. We're talking about my love life. And this is the first time I've liked someone other than my ex-girlfriend."
I said.

"Yeah. I still remember how you wouldn't stop talking about her. When you guys broke up."

"I know I know. Don't remind me please. That's all in the past now. So now what should I do should I just hide my feelings for her." I suggested.

"Your right dude. You can't tell her how you feel. All I'm saying right now is to not destroy your whatever you guys have. And tell her when its time." He said.

"Thanks, Ryder." I said. "Really appreciate it." And then the bell rang to notify us that the beginning of first class was about to start.

****************************
I'm really excited that I wrote this book. And I hope you keep reading it. Please vote, comment, and share.

-sunshine