17

Susan

" I don't remember this way?!" I exclaimed to Peter as he lead us into an unfamiliar bit of the woods. He had taken over from Rose, - as usual,- claiming he knew the way.

" The problem with girls- they can't keep a map in their heads!" Peter retorted, smirking, thinking it was funny.

" That's because our heads have something in them!" Rose said jokily, as the rest of us laughed.

" I wish he would have listened to the DLF in the first place" I said to Lucy.

" DLF?" Edmund asked confused, jumping down from a bit of rock.

"Dear little friend" Lucy smiled to me and Rose as we smiled at our own little joke.

" Well that's not at all patronizing is it?" Trumpkin said behind us, as we carried on walking, Peter was a couple of metres ahead now, and we intended to catch up with him.

" I'm not lost" Peter mumbled, obviously trying to persuade himself that he wasn't lost, even though he had brought us into a dead end...

" No... You just going the wrong way" Rose said as she jumped off the rock in front of us.

" You last saw Caspian in the Shuddering woods! The quickest way there is to cross at the river rush!" Peter's determination scared me a little.

" Well, unless I'm mistaken there's no crossing in these parts!" Roe fought back...GIRL POWER!

"That explains it then! Your mistaken!" Peter said boastfully, but we all knew that Rose was right, because the DLF confirmed it!

And halfway through my thought track, Peter was already gone and only Edmund was stood next to me.

We walked further and further down the hill, to get closer to the sound of rushing water. But at the time of Peter realising he was wrong, we both looked down the Cliffside, down at the long fall of the river.

" See! Overtime, the water eroded the earth's soil causing-" I explained.

" Oh shut up" Peter said in ignorance still looking down at the river, Lucy now stood at his side.

" Is there a way down?" Edmund asked Trumpkin more than Rose. He hadn't at all been nice to her so far...

"Yes- falling" Rose exclaimed, seeing ym reaction on how rude Edmund was being.

" Well- we weren't lost!" Peter said, interrupting Edmunds attempt to answer back, Peter still probably couldn't get over the fact that he had lost his point.

" There's a fall near Beruna- how do you feel about swimming?" Trumpkin added- mostly talking to Peter.

" Rather that than walking!" Rose exclaimed as I walked behind her, following DLF.

" Aslan?...It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there- don't you see he's right.......there...." Lucy's excitement turned to disappointment, as we knew Aslan wasn't there- she must be hallucinating...

" Do you see him now?" Trumpkin said, sarcastically.

" I'm not crazy- he was there! He wanted us to follow him!" Lucy exclaimed, sticking to her point. Brother sister alike much.

Me and Peter gave each other a reassuring glance, before he explained to Lucy there must be a great number of Lions in these woods.

" I think I know Aslan when I see him!" Lucy gave Peter a glare.

" Look...I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist!" Trumpkin made a very good point....But he DOES exist....or at least did...

" The last time I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid..." Edmund said, which was surprising for once- it was usually us sticking up for her...

" Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter said, after looking back at where Lucy had claimed seeing Aslan.

" Maybe you weren't looking..." Lucy said, I could see the tears welling up in her eyes..

" I'm sorry Lu..." Peter said meaningfully and walked away, me and DLF following him.

Although Ed and Rose waited, and as I watched, I saw them give her encouraging smiles for her to move on.