Why is Rhys here?

"Now this I can appreciate," Blair sighed dreamily. I turn my attention to a stunning set of scenery drawn by hand. "I think we should have started here."

Slowly we move along to the next ones, each being as talented and breathe taking as the last. I know some people see drawing as a basic talent in comparison to painting or sculpture but for me this is the real art. There's nothing better than a drawing.

"It's not just me but this is better than the symbolic ones."

"Nope. Oooh, this is hers!"

Blair pulls me over to a set of four white framed photos. I knew Taylor was talented but this is absolutely gorgeous. The portraits she did are sketched in pencil with various traces of black ink highlighting facial structures. That's when I realize why she didn't want us to see them.

She drew us. Each one looks uncannily like us with the fourth being a full body shot that showcases our differences. Blair looks girly which contrasts to Taylor who wears overalls to show her creative side while I'm up on my toes.

I remember the photo of this. During middle school we were to come as our future profession. At the time Blair was convinced she was going to be a model - she still could be - while I wanted to be a dancer and Taylor an artist.

"It's amazing," I mumbled and move towards the plate on the wall. "Drawing is something important to me and I wanted to capture those that I hope to never leave me. They might not be blood related but they're family."

Blair moved closer with a smile. "She's such a sweetheart. Yet I thought that was your job in our friendship."

"Nope. I'm the quiet one with a degree in sarcasm," I keep a straight face while amusement lights up in Blair's. "I won't even say yours because I'm pretty sure you're aware of what you contribute."

"Pure amazingness that's what," Blair grins and spins around to look for Taylor. "I really hope she gets this scholarship offer."

"So do I."

Turning around I see Taylor smiling brightly while talking to the three people opposite her. I hesitantly let my eyes slip to Rhys who seems equally as engaged as she is. He couldn't be in this gallery, could he? I mean, I know Rhys isn't as bad as everyone thinks but I wouldn't expect him to be able to draw.

He's been given a bad reputation over something he calls a mistake. I guess I can relate in some way when everyone thought I was going off the rails. But that shouldn't dictate our futures which is a good thing that he's breaking from the stereotype partially.

I force myself away from Blair when some preppy blonde comes over. No offense to her, but her other friends make me want to scream. Because they on the other hand embrace the stereotype of being ditzy, airheads.

Coming to a stop in front of a large artwork I take time to view the pieces within the black frame. In total there's twelve pieces fitted that showcase different parts of people stuck together. Some are done in charcoal others in black ink or pencil, even with the different supplies it still looks incredible.

"Do you like it?" I almost jumped, turning in the slightest as Rhys stands beside me.

I look back at the art work and nod. "It's weird but in a good way."

"Care to explain that further?" My eyes trail to the plate and inhale when I see Rhys' name. Well if that wasn't an insult. I run my tongue over my teeth. "Don't worry. I'm not thrilled with it either but Mrs James liked the concept of it, I have another piece over there."