I got up and looked out of my window, I needed a break from my homework. "I'm going for a run," I yelled over my back to Lizzie as I walked out of the door.

"Okay be back at 5 p.m. The boys will meet us here at 5:30." She yelled back. Today was Wednesday so we were going to her parents house.

When I got to the forest I took off my clothes, thought about the colour brown and changed. I ran till I got to the sea and stopped there. This was my favourite place, few knew about it. There was a lot of forest around the place and there were almost never humans out here. I looked in the water and saw myself, a brown wolf. I let out a long breath. It has now almost been a year since I had seen my true self in wolf form. I longed to just let my real wolf out. But I knew I couldn't do that. It was too dangerous.

I still remember it crystal clear when Dana saw me as a wolf for the first time. There were so many emotions in her face, but the strongest was pride then horror, and shock. Pride I think was because she knew someone like me, and I was what I am. Horror because she knew that from that moment on, I would live a life where I would always fear that anyone finds out what I am. And shock because she didn't see it coming. I was an orphan and there were few of my kind back in this world. She helped me change back into human form before she sat me down to have a talk.

"I know you wonder why I looked as I did when you shifted. You see, the thing is that your fur is all white, not one hair another colour. You are beautiful don't get me wrong, but you can't let people see your white wolf. The fact is that white wolves are rare and powerful wolfs. You can only become a white wolf if your mother or father was one. Have you heard about white wolves before?"

"No, never. Didn't know such a thing existed. Why can't I let people see me in wolf form?"

"Because then they would know you have special powers. As a white wolf you don't feel like you have to obey the alpha of the pack like others. Plus you're stronger than most wolves. I don't know much about white wolves, but I know that they used to get killed or killed themselves because others wanted to use their powers. Because of this they developed this thing where they can decide which colour they want to be. I'm not sure how they did it though. One rumour was that you just have to picture a colour before you change, and then your fur turn that colour." She said studying my face for any reaction. But honestly I didn't know what to say. I mean I just found out I was a wolf, and now I just found out that I was some kind of really strong wolf. Me. There was no way I was stronger or special or anything. I looked at Dana.

"Why me? Why a white wolf? Why are they stronger? Are you sure?" I asked her not believing her. I was nothing special. Never had been, never would be. I didn't quite get what she was trying to say. It just all seamed so unreal

"I know it's hard to believe, but I will get a mirror and then you can see you are a white wolf and try to change into an other colour. No one really knows why it is that it's white wolfs who are stronger, but it's said that it's from way back, when there weren't that many wolfs, the king and Queen of the wolves where white, and they had a strength and power like no others, and their family where white as well, not as strong but stronger than most wolves. As time went by the wolves spread and so did the white wolves. The white wolves spread all over the world and normal wolves started to want to use their powers so they took their soul mates, I will let Nate and Maggie explain what a mate is later, and used them to make the white wolf do things for them. There where some packs with white Alphas but most of them are gone now. That is why it's really important for you to not tell anyone what you are. Not even Nate and Maggie, not that they will tell anyone but it can put them in danger as well as you." She said looking kind of sad. I guess she is in danger now as well. "I'm so sorry all this has to happened to you love. You don't deserve any of this. Not having your parents, how you where raised, all those scars you have gotten through time both physical and mentally. And now you have to live like this and live in fear for anyone ever finding out. I really am sorry." Dana said getting up and hugging me. Wait she was sorry for me? Why? I was great and had a great life, I mean okay now I can turn into a wolf, but what was the problem? This was the happiest I and safest I had been for years.

After that she got up and took a mirror asking me to change. It took me quite some time to learn and shift into another colour. When she was sure I could turn into a wolf and not be white, she finally send me up to Nate and Maggie. It really wasn't hard when I first got a hand of it. You just had to picture a brown wolf and then you where one. I remember the following days when I met the Alpha of the pack and he gave an order, I could feel the order, but I didn't feel the need to follow it, just like Dana had said. When we where fighting for fun I was physically little stronger and so were my senses, and it was hard not to show. I therefore started to completely try and shut my wolf down and after some time it started to help a lot. Dana is still the only one who knows about me being a white wolf.