Allow it

Chapter 15

"Allow it."

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

"Kade's still my family." Kace gulped, his eyes blinked quickly. Like he was trying not to cry.

"Family doesn't do that, Kace." I said, shaking my head. Kenzie, Keegan and Kane looked onto the scene silently,

"We're still family. He's my brother." Kace answered back, going to put an arm around the boy but jumped backwards when Kade unwillingly flinched back.

The twin looked heartbroken for a second before masking his facial expression, closing himself off. Whereas Kade looked frightened, like he was about to have a panic attack. His eyes were widened and he was taking deep, shaky breaths and his body was trembling.

Sky approached him slowly, wrapping his hands soothingly around his kid brother and whispering into his ear. He pulled the boy out of the room while the rest of us looked at them sympathetically.

"Kace, we should go." Kenzie gestured to the door and walked out, soon being followed by a hesitant Kace. I looked at Skater boy and Luigi innocently, shrugging as they kept their eyes on me.

"That was harsh." Kane commented frustratedly, sitting down opposite to me.

"It was," I agreed, opening my packet of chips and stuffing half of them in my mouth. "There's no point in sugar coating it, what he did was wrong."

"Yeah, but they're still brothers." Cinderella argued softly, his voice quiet as he stepped away from the Rossi's glares.

"It's taking all of my strength to not rip that cretin apart for what he did to Kade." Alec fumed, despite his face not looking bothered as he sat down in front of me. "He's openly disrespecting Rock after thinking he could do that to my brother."

"Can we change the subject?" Ivan suggested, sounding more annoyed than necessary. I nodded my head at his suggestion but didn't say a word aloud.

"Have I ever told you that I have a distinct hatred of people?" I asked thoughtlessly, realising that it's probably the most obvious thing in the entire universe.

"Not explicitly but it was implied." Kane shrugged his shoulders carelessly. Kade and Sky walked back into the living room, Kade instantly moving to stand next to Ivan. I smiled at the show of security that Kade obviously felt with his older brother.

"Sky, get me another packet of chips." I complained, throwing a cushion at him aggressively.

"You stole all of mine!" He argued defensively, crossing his arms. I furrowed my eyebrows as I faked confusion.

"Me? Steal something? Are you sure?"

I bit my lip in a pathetic attempt to stop my laughter as the teenager narrowed his dark eyes at me.

"Well, no. My chips magically disappeared into thin air." He muttered sarcastically, gaining a laugh from Blondie and Kane.

I nodded, strongly agreeing with him. "That is more likely to happen than me, moi," I pointed at myself dramatically, trying to exaggerate my point. "Stealing something."

Alec looked deep in thought, his finger resting on his chin. "Didn't you steal Raines hair dye and used it in her food?"

Ivan's eyes widened, "And you stole my hair conditioner and swapped it with hers! Just so you could put glitter in it!"