Chapter 18

First of all, I want to thank all of you who has been reading and voting this book eventhough I'm updating it like, once in a year haha-_- jk, I'd try to update as fast as I can. :) Love you all! xx

Rylie's POV

The principal called me to his room while I was in my free time and then we sat face-to-face, a cup of coffee in his hand. He asked about rumour that has been going around

"Do you have any relation with her? You two seem awfully close," he asked while sipping his coffee. Oh, crap. We haven't even dated and people are already suspecting? They suspected that Alv and I were dating because of the last lunch we had. Who in the world made that rumour? I guess no matter how many times I kept telling myself to be careful, this time I might have crossed the line.

I couldn't imagine their reactions if we were real couple, anyway.

Wait.. why did I think  like that? That would never happened. It wouldn't work out. Stop it, Rylie.

..well, what if it works?..

I kept my head low and staring at the desk, imagining all the possibilities that could ever happened.

"Erhm!" the sound of principal's clearing his throat broke my attention

"We-well, no.. I mean, yea," I said stuttering. He arched his eyebrows waiting for a clear answer. Think something quick, Rylie!

"We were.. childhood friends! We used to be together and almost like sisters, we were so close back then. She always followed me wherever I go," I lied

"Really? Then you know her parents quiet well too?" he asked again

"Uh, I think so. But it's a long time ago, they moved a lot. I'm not sure if they still remember me too," the words flowed out of my mouth making the best lie I could think of. He just nodded and looked deep into my eyes, searching the truth in it. I could feel the sweat in my palm.

Once again, we haven't even dated yet and I already had to lie. Also, I didn't know if it's mutual. Eventhough, she seemed interested too.

"Well, don't be too close with students here," he warned me. I knew he meant different in the word 'close' there, "It's shameful and would ruin our reputation," he continued again. It was brief and clear. I was silenced for a while.

"You may go now" he dismissed me

****

Alvia's POV

After class

My head's spinning because of the Algebra III test that I just took. I was really weak at this kind of subject. It just, we never clicked in any ways. I was really dizzy that I almost fell when I reached the door.

"You okay?" A guy caught me in time by my waist. I looked up and saw a pair of blue eyes staring deep into mine.

"Yeah, I guess" I said, releasing his arms off of me. "Thanks" I mutter

"Never mind, have you eat yet? Let's go grab something!" he said with a big grin and pulled my arm before I could speak any words. I didn't even know this guy.

Next time I knew, we were sitting on a wooden chair with a round table. I only ordered juice cause I already ate.

"Sorry, I'm hungry" he said while chewing his burger

"Hi, hungry. I'm Alvia," I said without thinking

He was silenced and laughed hard, "You can joke too? haha! I even wondered if you could speak or not," he said. Then, it's my turn to not say anything. I was kinda offended.

"Sorry, I don't mean anything bad. You're just really quiet in class. Everyone wants to talk to you but you're seem hard to approach," he continued again "I'm Finn, by the way"

"Alvia," I answered. He had a dark hair, a pair of gorgeous blue eyes, and a smirk on his face, it made me a bit uneasy. No, not because he was quiet handsome. Its just.. he looked like someone. I couldn't remember who.

A waiter came and placed my drink, I mouthed 'thank you' to him. "Sooo....." Finn looked at me and asked "Is it true?"

"What?" I asked back rising one of my eyebrows while sipping my juice

"Is it true that you're dating Ms. Shevlin?"

I immediately spurted the juice in my mouth. Ewh.. wait, what?