Chap 11 - Camping? Not really!

"Beep!Beep!Beep!" The ringing of my favourite alarm woke me up from my sleep. Note the sarcasm. I slapped the snooze button and groaning got out of my bed to the bathroom. Today we will be going to The Black Woods for camping. Yeah I know it's a bizarre name Black Woods but people say that cause the ancestors had named it. But who cares not me. We will be gone for two days and nights which means that we will return on Wednesday

I quickly showered and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body. Slipping onto a pair of black skinny jeans, converse and red t-shirt which had "This queen don't need a King" printed on it , I unlocked my phone to see a message and a missed call from Alicia.

We are coming. I read the message and quickly replied a ok. I combed my hair and did a winged eye and applied a lipgloss. Swinging my backpack over my shoulder, I ran down the stairs to the kitchen and took an Apple from the counter and munched on it. The door bell rang and I hurriedly opened it as it was already 8:17 and we have to reach the woods by 9 am.

"Yo bitch how are you?" Alicia greeted as I opened the door.

"Great now that I saw you." She gave a wink and the others came in , including the boys. We will going by Jake's car as its a seven seater. We were given the option to go by our school bus or our own cars and we choose the latter. We need our personal space and they had provided us with the route of how to reach the woods.

"Ready to go." Zain yelled as he threw his arm over Riley's shoulder and gave her a quick peck on the lips. I rolled my eyes at their PDA and mumbled a yes.

All our backpacks were shifted in the car and we were ready to go. Jake was driving the car with Laura in the passenger seat. Alicia was sitting on Chris's lap with Aaron in the middle beside me. Zain,Riley, Sam and Ryan were sitting at the back with the girls on their laps.Music was blasting from the radio and I found myself humming the lyrics. It was a half an hour drive to the woods from my house.

"Hey wanna do it?" Laura asked from the front seat and turned around.

"Do what?" I asked as she gave a bored look and pointed to the water bottle in her hand. I instantly understood and eagerly nod my head. Alicia also joined in.

"Woah what are you gonna do?" Jake asked

"What do we do with a water bottle?" I asked and Aaron answered "Drink water." He had look of utter confusion on his face and I smirked.

"That's not what we do pretty boy." His cheek turned a bit pink.

"Ok we are ready." Laura announced and Jake slowed the car as we were closer to the pavement.

"Here you go!" Laura rolled down her own window and emptied the whole water bottle by throwing water straight at the person who was walking in the pavement. Jake took off and laughter filled the car. I looked back to see him drenched and cursing like a sailor. His face was red from fury. I rolled down my window and showed him the middle finger.

"God.....that was priceless." Ryan choked out. We had done this several times especially when we went out on long drives. It was really fun but was cut short when reached our destination.

You could see the students from our school scattered everywhere. A bus was standing there and beside it was our Basketball coach. Let me tell you one thing never piss off the coach cause the outcome is really life threatening. I took my backpack  and went to the stand beside the others to listen to our coach.

"Listen brats no fighting or whining. We explore the woods and find a spot to sleep at night. Tomorrow we will go hiking and I want you brats to set up your own tent and find wood to light up a fire. No excuses or anything. Got it?" He shouted eyeing everyone like a predator and yes, he called us brats.

"Yes coach." We all replied and he gave us a stiff nod.

"Follow me." He waved his hand in the direction of the woods and we all followed him like lost puppies. Here goes nothing.

"Can we rest for a bit my feet hurts?" Megan a.k.a the biggest bitch in the world whined earning a groan from me. This is the tenth time she is asking this question. Could she just shut the fuck up?

"It would have been better Miss Perry if you didn't wear four inches heels." Coach retorted back and everyone laughed at the embarrassed face of Megan. Like really, she wore heels when she knew that we will be walking in the woods. Fake Barbie. She huffed and we continued our walk.

"I swear I am going to kill that Barbie if she asks that question one more time." Alicia hissed and I snickered.

"Don't worry I will do that for you."

After an hour of unbearable, torturous walking we finally found a spot to spend the rest of the night.

"Half of you set up the tents and the rest go and find some wood. But don't get lost." Coach shouted and Aaron, Chris, Mason,Zain and some of the other boys went to get wood while we, girls set up the tents with the help of Ryan and Jake.

"I am never fucking going to camping again." Sam slumped down on the ground beside Riley .

"Oh shut the fuck up drama queen." Sam glared at Laura and i shook my head at their childish behaviour. By the time we finished the boys had already arrived with wood and had started the fire.

"You guys did a good job." Aaron praised as he saw the tents and gave me a cheeky grin which I returned with a wink. Alicia seemed to notice this as she gave me a disappointing look as the sides of her lips slightly twitched up.

It was already 12 and most of the students were asleep but I was sitting on one of the tree trunks which lay beside the fire. The fire burned furiously and I found myself lost in my thoughts .

"Can't sleep?" I snapped out of my thoughts and turned around to see Aaron standing there in his t-shirt and sweatpants.

"No what about you?" I questioned. He came and sat beside me and breathed out a sigh.

"Same can't sleep. What are you thinking about?" I shrugged and rested my elbows on my knees.

"Nothing in particular." He nodded his head. The next few minutes passed and none of us spoke enjoying the silence between us. It wasn't an awkward silence rather a peaceful one.

"I am going to sleep." I yawned and started to walk to the tent that I shared with Alicia and Sam. Riley and Laura were sharing another tent and the boys were using two other tents.

"Goodnight prankster."

"Goodnight scaredy cat."

*************

Hey guys! Not such a exciting chap but I will try to make it up in the next chap. Thanks you so much for 102 reads in a week. I didn't expect it to reach 100 reads in a week. Thanks you so much for your support. Share your thoughts with me and don't forget to vote & comment.

Question: Single or Taken

Love
Ishtara😘😘