Percy Jackson

It's been six months since the war against the giants and I have grown distant from everyone at camp most of the time I stay in my cabin and think about this past war. I have been noticing that Annabeth, while she is amazing, has been very clingy towards me. If I go anywhere she clings to me like her life depends on it. She's great but it's just a bit too much. I also realized that I don't have any romantic feelings for Annabeth like she has for me that when we got together it was really because I didn't want to hurt her by saying no. I have also discovered a few other things about myself. I just hope she will understand when I finally get the courage to tell her.

I enjoy just sitting in my cabin listening to the recently repaired fountain that my father had given me many years back. I now only leave to eat and train the other campers in combat. Most people don't even really notice when I'm not around anymore and I really don't mind. Recently I have had no energy and no real motivation to do much of anything. Sometimes I hang out with the rest of the seven and it's fun but it's also very hard.
I pull my new monster proof phone out and message Annabeth to meet me at the songbird café by Avengers Tower. My phone beeped and Annabeth's answer was OK. I put some clothes in a bag because after this I will have to stay at home because Annabeth is going to need space. I leave a note on the nightstand for Chiron telling him where I will be. Then I head for Thalia's tree.

When I am out of earshot of camp I call upon Athena. She suddenly appeared in front of me. I kneel down and start to speak.

"Lady Athena, please don't kill me but I am leaving your daughter because I am not worthy of her and I am afraid I do not have the same feelings for her as she does for me. I know I have put you through hell just to be with her. I know that this is going to be hard for her but I can't pretend to have feelings for someone I don't. I don't want to drag this out and have her get even more hurt later on." I told all of this to Athena and she simply nodded. When she finally spoke I was surprised by what she said.

"For once you are making both the selfless and wise decision and I knew this would happen but Perseus I never thought you would be the one to end it."
I stand and look at her. She seems slightly hurt but I see no anger in her gray calculating eyes. My entire body trembles.
"I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you Lady Athena." with that I give a slight tilt of my head as thanks for her time and Athena disappears. I start to walk to the songbird café where I will break up with Annabeth.

Should I go through with this it will devastate Annabeth. But I need to be true to myself. I just hope she will still be my friend. I was about half a mile from the café when a blonde haired man bumped into me and everything went black at our touch.