Chapter 5

"Prove it."

The Kazekage's kick to my back sends me tumbling down the cliff in front of me.

This is it, The end of my miserable life. I close my eyes, not wanting the last image of my life to be dirt.

Closing my eyes resulted in me seeing my life. My twelve years of life are shown to me as I continue to fall from this cliff.

"Minato, look! she's so fast, just like you."

A soft image of my mother and father trying to catch me as an infant makes me grip my chest in pain.

"Kiyomi, I think I'm in love with you, Will...Will you be my girlfriend?"

Itachi.

"You're nothing but a spoiled brat! I will defeat you, one day Kiyomi, from now on, I choose you as my rival!"

Stupid Hana. She must hate the fact that she will now never get the satisfaction of kicking my ass like I always did hers.

"Lady Tsunade! I don't need to be a great medical ninja to defeat you. I will show you that I will be a more powerful kunoichi than you one day! I'm not going to die without beating you first!"

How naive of me to think I could one day defeat a Sannin. I never even got the chance to try.

This is it, the end of my miserable life. As my body continues to fall, I come into terms with my reality and embrace this moment with nothing but regrets.

Kiyomi!

My mother's voice wakes me from my reality and I feel my clothes expand as chakra chains shoot from my back and waist into the sides of two cliffs I was falling between. The chains hook into each cliff stopping me from falling. I look down and see I almost hit the bottom.

My heart is racing and my head is pounding in fear. I look down and see my feet dangling.

"Mom!"

I sob and begin apologizing for giving up. My mom always installed the will to never giving up on what you believe in.

"Promise me Kiyomi, when you become a powerful kunoichi like me you'd never go back on your word."

Kushina stops brushing her daughter's hair when kiyomi turns to look at her.

"I promise, I would even ask that if you see me do so, you put me back in line!"

Kushina giggles and embraces her daughter's pinky promise.

I can't give up. I can't give up right now. I grab each end of my mother's chakra's chains from my torso and gather enough chakra to send me back up the cliff I fell from.

I fall to my knees knowing I used the last bit of my chakra. I was weak but I still rise my head to look up at my enemies.

"H-How did she do that Kazekage?"

The Kazekage remains smug with his arms crossed against his chest.

"She is the daughter of the yellow flash. Not only is she naturally strong, but she also has the protective Kage seal still marked on her body."

The way they're looking at me in awe and fear disgusts me. That look sends shivers down my spine. Knowing that same look is the reason, I was taken from my village six years ago.

"Why are you here? Have you been hiding in my village as a spy?"

I shake my head and smile at the ground. "You think your land is that worthy enough for me to explore?"

"I would rather explore the land of lighting."

I chuckle, but the Kazekage doesn't find my statement amusing because gold dust begins to swarm my feet. I can't produce any more chakra.

"I'm going to make a deal with you Kiyomi, I could kill you here right now, but that wouldn't do me any good. I'm sure whoever brought you here will know you never carried out your mission. As you know tensions between the villages have only gotten worse. I'm going to ask that you, in exchange for your life, help heal my men in battle."

I hiss at how hot the gold dust is around my ankles. Take this offer and survive. Hopefully, being able to eventually go home, or be labeled a traitor if I get caught.

"I know this is a tough decision to make you are still a child, Yet you possess great medical prowess, I hear being trained by one of the legendary Sannin. You're an orphan now, so what do you have to lose?"

Orphan. What is he talking about? my parents are somewhere still searching for me. They can't invade other lands for the sake of me that would cause a war between the nations.

I look up from the ground and give the Kazekage a sad smile. "I'm no orphan! Your child Gaara probably feels that way knowing you've been trying to kill him since he's been born."

The Kazekage gives me a stern look and makes his gold dust continue to rise up my body, restraining my movements.

"I'll only hold you for six years and you can go back to that weak village you call home."

Six years. Another set of years of me being held against my will. Where are my parents? Why am I surprised they're never around when I need them the most.

"I see that you are not fond of my offer but I could take you to the borders of the leaf village and kill you right there and invade your home and kill all your family and friends. I suggest you decide fast, I'm beginning to grow impatient with you."

What would my parents say? I'm sure they would honor the sacrifice they have to I'm just a child. I'm a child making another big decision again by myself. Yet, so many ninjas have died not wanting to expose the secrets of our village. I'm a child of a Kage there are things I've had to see and hear that no other kid has had to.

"One"

I look up in shock seeing he's counting down with his eyes closed. His two men look at me with a smirk. They know this is a tough decision to make.

"Two"

I bite my lip and feel my eyes begin to water knowing whichever choice I make will come with a consequence.

"Thr-

"I'll do it!"

The Kazekage gives me a small smile and walks up to me. "Good girl, now I'm a man who only looks out for the greater good of my village so don't worry about being labeled a traitor to your village."

What is he talking about? That's a risk I'm now having to take. He releases his gold dust from my body and cups my face with his cold hand.

"I'm going to take you to the Leaf village myself and make sure none of the stupid men from your village make a mistake that could cause a war."

I look at the Kazekage confused, and then I push his hand away realizing what he wants me to do.

"You're going to tell the leaf village that you are not being held against your will but rather you're doing this because you like the sand village better."

The two men burst into laughter and clutch their stomachs. "Lord Kazekage you should make her cry too. Have her put on a whole show about how happier she is in the sand village."

How could they laugh at me. I'm a child who has been taken from her home multiple times only twice did it become permanent. The Kazkeage tells his men to quiet down not wanting them to be the reason I change my mind.

"If I do this you promise to leave the people in my village alone?"

The KazeKage towers over me again and vows that he will not touch my village if I help heal his men. "Now, Kiyomi do we have a deal?"

I sadly nod my head knowing I just made a deal with the devil.