Chapter 13: No (part 1)

Amadeo's POV:

SAME DAY AS PREVIOUS CHAPTER

*Warning*: Contains some pretty gay stuff, including naked people.

|0|0|
Chapter 13: No (part 1)
|0|0|

Levy and I have been living together for just over a week now, but we barely see each other since Levy spends his days at the hospital and I have to finish updating all of our finances. When he is home, I have been more-or-less trying to avoid him. Not my best move, but Matt would be pissed if I happen to do anything more to his brother (and it has nothing to do about the very realistic and plausible threat in regards to a certain chainsaw). I don't think Levy has noticed yet since he's never really around, or maybe he has and he just doesn't care. Maybe I've been misreading all of his signs.

Shit.

What if he's not gay?

No, he has to be gay.

I bit my lip, my mind racing through all the "what if's" that it can conjure up.

Staring blankly at my computer screen, whilst contemplating whether or not my gaydar has failed me (as one does), I hear Levy's soft voice calling me from the bathroom.

"Max? Would you get me a towel? For some reason we don't have anymore and I don't want to track water everywhere."

"Sure, where are they?" I yell back, closing my laptop and wandering into the corridor.

"Probably in the closet with the washer and dryer? There's a shelf on top of them that should have some extra towels." Levy shouts.

I walk to the closet and sure enough, a few towels are stored over the leaning tower of machines. (a/n: heh, get it? Cause he's Italian? And the leaning tower of Pisa? Ok I'll stop now.)

I walk back to the bathroom and knock on the door before opening it a tiny bit, looking away and putting my hand with the towels through the crack.

"Do you mind coming closer?" Levy says,"I don't want to have to dry the bathroom floor afterwards, and you know how Matt freaks out when you let the water evaporate on it's own. I'm not in the mood for another one of his water hazard lectures." Levy and I both laugh awkwardly at his last comment.

The problem with Levy's bathroom is what it doesn't have in width, it makes up for depth, and let me tell you, that bathroom is the size of a small hallway. On top of that, the shower is at the back, where a very naked Levy is standing.

"Alright," I say before covering my eyes with my hand and blindly walking into the bathroom.

"Be careful, my clothes are everywhere. Sorry," Levy says timidly.

"Great." I mutter sharply, praying to God that I don't slip. One millisecond later I slip on said clothing and fall on my butt. I catch myself with both my hands to avoid slamming my head into the tile. I guess after the whole coming back to life bit God doesn't feel like granting me any favors.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Crap this is my fault. Are you hurt?" Says Levy.

I look up and see Levy a few feet away from me, completely naked. Never mind, God just granted me a big one here.

Levy was cupping his dick and balls with his hand so I couldn't see any of that, but my God, everything else was gorgeous. I slowly took everything in. Scanning him from head to toe

The thick curve of his hips.
His tanned skin that was gently flushed.
His soft body.
The way the water glistened on his skin.
His black hair, that was all wet and messy from the shower, had started to form loose ringlets due to air drying that gently touched the edge of his soft jawline.

Then there was his face. It was like I was seeing him again for the first time. His plump, uneven lips, which he was biting (I learned that it was a nervous tic of his), were a rosy color. His golden freckles. His long, dark eyelashes which framed his green eyes.

God, I thought, it's okay if you take me now. I have seen your angel.

When I snapped out of my trance, I see Levy coming closer and kneeling down next to me.

"Max? Max?! Are you alright?" He exclaims frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine, sorry about that." I mumble looking down at my hands thinking about showering grandmas again, only this time it's less useful since Levy had replaced all the grandmas and had started showering in a very seductive and most definitely R-rated fashion, plus his naked presence next to me did not help.

"Crap, I must be making you so uncomfortable, sorry you had to see this." Levy says thickly before reaching for the discarded towel and covering himself. I stare at him completely bewildered as he stands up and rearranges the towel.

I badly wanted to be like one of those cheesy romance novel protagonists that stand up and savagely make out with him before spewing some class A cheese like: "don't you ever hid your body from me, mio amore" making him respond, eyes brimming with unshed tears: "Oh, Max!" and then we'd have sex on the wall, but real life isn't like that. How easy it would be if I could. Instead all I can muster is a lame "No."

"What?" Levy whispers, his back facing me as he continues to rearrange the towel to make sure that every square inch of cloth is covering his skin.

"I said, no," I say back in the same hypnotized voice. Levy, don't you see what you are doing to me? I want to rip off that forsaken towel off of you're body. I want to tell you that you are perfect. I want to heal your wounds, as well as have sex as an added bonus.

"I heard you the first time, I just don't know why you said 'no'." Levy answers, looking down at me from over his shoulders with genuine confusion on his face.

I open and close my mouth like a fish for twenty seconds before repeating the same goddamn monosyllabic word, "no" like a damn idiot.

"Max, you sure you didn't hit your head?" Levy asks worriedly.

I slowly stand up and respond, "no".

"Max?" Levy repeats, turning around to face me.

"No." I start walking closer to Levy and gently cup his face. His green eyes with small golden specks danced with confusion and his eyebrows were furrowed in worry. Levy was now frantically chewing his bottom lip and my eyes automatically trained on to it. I unconsciously lean down so that our height difference shortens.

"Can you say something else? You're really starting to scare me, actually, you wait here and I'll get my Red book, okay, just hang tight." Levy whispers and starts moving away. I quickly grab his arm and pull him towards me, carefully lifting his chin up, ultimately kissing him softly on his lips.

|0|0|

I haven't even read it yet, I'm just posting it because why not. So sorry for all the typos.

This is for the people who are only here for the gay and were annoyed at the straightness of last chapter :)

Have a lovely day :)