Chaos

The next morning, we get to go to Hogsmeade again. Thank goodness! I really want to go to Honeydukes plus no classes, which I really need right now. I don't want to sit another second with Malfoy. Seeing his hideous face is enough. Anyway, I put on a grey sweater, black leggings, black boots and my blue beanie. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs to meet up with Daphne and Blaise. When I got to the common room, I found Daphne and Blaise whispering. Again. But in a far distance, they kind of look cute together. 

I cleared my throat and said, "You two done whispering or do I need to grab Blaise's ear again?"

The two jumped and stared at me. I gave them the 'What?' look but they just shook their heads. 

"Let's go!" Daphne exclaimed. We followed her out and proceeded to go to the carriages. I spotted Harry and his friends and when we made eye contact, I smiled at him and waved. He did the same and got in the carriage. On our way, we chatted about the rumours going around and when I brought what happened with Malfoy yesterday, they just looked at each other and quickly looked away. I gave them a confused look but they just ignored me. Sighing, I looked out the window until we reached Hogsmeade. 

5 minutes later, we finally arrived. I hurriedly stepped out of the carriage and made my way to Honeydukes. Daphne and Blaise just laughed at me but I just shrugged it off. The rest of the day, we ate at Honeydukes and explored the rest of Hogsmeade. By 5pm, it was, sadly, time to go. 

We rode the carriage back to the castle and when we got there, something unexpected happened. We were on our way to the common room when we heard a ruckus. We went to check it out when we saw the Fat lady's potrait empty and clawed. What happened here?

"It's the Fat lady!" Blaise exclaimed, pointing to another portrait. I looked at where he was pointing and saw the fat lady wearing a soldier helmet and leaves and her dress was torn.

I didn't hear anything she was saying, the next thing I know, Daphne and Blaise were dragging me to the Slytherin common room. 

"What's going on?" I asked them.

"Didn't you hear?" Daphne asked. "All students are sleeping in the great hall tonight."

"Why?!" I exclaimed.

"Sirius Black is in the castle. That's why." Blaise replied. When we reached the common room, we immediately went to our rooms and packed some night clothes. I don't have a sleeping bag so I hope the teachers will provide 'em. I went down to the common room and saw Daphne and Blaise already there.

"It's almost time for dinner. Come one." Blaise said, We followed him out the door and into the great hall. We sat down by the Slytherin table and minutes later, the food appeared. FINALLY! 

Dinner went by fast and it was time to sleep. Tables were magically removed and was replaced by sleeping bags. We went to different lavatory, accompanied by a teacher, to change and went back to the great hall after. 

By 10pm, all students were still asleep but I wasn't. I don't know why so I pretended to sleep. The teachers were checking every student when I heard Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape talking. 

"I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black. Nor anywhere else in the castle." Snape said.

Dumbledore nodded and said, "I didn't really expect him to linger."

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected..." Snape's voice trailed off.  "You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor --"

Professor Dumbledore cut him off, "I do not believe a single professor inside this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus. No... I feel quite confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses. But tomorrow. For now, let them sleep..."

I was about to fall asleep when I remembered it was Dad's transformation. I didn't want to get caught but I'm hoping dad will be okay.