Chapter 19

"Hey, are you ok?"

My eyes snapped to the concerned expression of my brother, sitting across from me at our table. He took in a spoonful of his frozen yogurt, whilst continuing on with what he was saying, "You haven't touched your yogurt, which I willingly bought for you, something I never do. So what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I blatantly lied.

Lately, I've been a bit on edge around Cameron because of what happened at the party. It's not like I haven't seen him wasted or high before, but it's pretty obvious that he's super protective over me, and the idea of knowing that I got pretty messed up at the party will probably just set him off.

He sent me a look of disbelief, "Yeah right, I know you better than that Alex. Now I'm serious, tell me what's wrong."

I shrugged, eating the yogurt that was in my cup, "I'm fine, nothing is wrong Cam."

Narrowing his eyes at me, he sighed, "Whatever, I'll find out sooner or later."

The mood seemed to lift up as we continued to eat and have an occasional conversation. This was sort of a monthly thing to do. We'd take time to just be together and talk. I know it's weird to think that a brother and sister can get along so well, but Cameron was closer to me then anybody else, even the two people who were expected to raise us.

Maybe that's why I felt so tense about him not knowing about my party endeavors.

"So, Cameron, I've been hearing through the halls that you have a girl in mind," I smirked at him mischievously.

Immediately, his face turned fifty shades of red, "Wh-what are you talking about?"

I scoffed, "You know what I'm talking about Cam. Who's the girl?"

His shoulders drooped in defeat, knowing that I wasn't going to stop pestering him about this, "Fine. Her name is Cassidy, Cassidy Evans. She's new in school."

Come to think of it, I did hear something about a new student; I just never bothered to know her name or what grade she was is.

"Aww," I cooed, "looks like someone has crush on the new girl."

He pointed his spoon at me, his cheeks burning up, "Shut up!"

"What's she like? Pretty? Stupid? Pretty stupid?"

He glared at me, "No," Hiding his face, he muttered,"She's... pretty amazing."

I smiled so wide that I'm pretty sure my cheeks would hurt afterwards, "Aww, that's so cute!"

Rolling his eyes, he mumbled, "Girls."

I hummed, getting more curious, "Describe her."

His face showed disbelief, "You seriously want to know more?"

I nodded eagerly, "Of course! I want to gain more knowledge about the girl who stole my brother's heart."

No matter how many times I tease Cameron about this, I'm happy for him. To be honest, I don't think that he's actually had a serious girlfriend in awhile, or even at all. He's always been so caught up in school, football, and our messed up family to even notice a pretty girl when he sees one, or even when I point one out to him. Cassidy must be a special girl for him to give her so much attention.

He turned his head towards the window and away from me. I noticed that his eyes widened for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed as well.

"What's wrong," I glanced out the window, searching for what he was staring at.

"There were these group of boys out there, it seemed like they were ganging up on someone," He said, brushing off the subject.

My eyes caught on to what he was talking about. There were about 5-6 boys across the street, surrounding something, or someone.