Chapter One!

Hello to anyone reading this! Just so you know, this is my first fan fiction that I've been willing to share! I've written many more before but I just don't think they are any good! :( Just a little heads up... I'm not very good when it comes to writing in chapters, I like to just go without them, so this is my first time writing with chapters! (Does that make sense?) I'd love some comments, even if they are bad ones, I need to know how to make my story better for everyone! Anyway, thank you for stumbling upon this story!(:

~Rachael~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They'll never find me here! The last place they'd look for me is at the mall!

I guess you're wondering who "they" are? Well, first things first, my name is Ellie Rose Smith and I'm an orphan. I'm seventeen years young (I plan on staying a teenager forever!) and I am currently running away from both the police and the lady who takes care of us all at the orphanage, Mrs Andrews. This isn't the first time I've tried to get away, no, the first time was when I was ten, only because of all the guys and girls telling me that I'll never get adopted because I'm too much of a freak! The second time was when I was twelve, I hadn't been outside the orphanage gates for over six months, so in the dead of night I climbed out my window, but was caught within seven hours of leaving. The third time was seven months after that, I just had to be alone because my ONLY friend got adopted. Let's just say that this is about the twenty-fourth time... Every time it ends up the same way, sooner or later the cops will find me and I will be forced to go back. You'd think that by now I would've learned my lesson and stopped trying to get away... I'd be lying if I said I've never thought of not leaving... But there's always that little voice inside of me, it keeps saying "go! Run, hide and pray that they don't find you!"

Being here is pretty horrible! There are way too many make-up and jewelry stores, why can't there be more surfing and skateboarding stores? As you can probably already tell, I don't like girly things like make-up and worrying about how I look. No. I just go with the flow. Sure, if I was going somewhere special then yeah, I would put a bit more effort into my appearance. But never, in a million years, will I EVER wear make-up!

Currently, I'm hiding in a dress/tux shop... Over the years they've come to realise that I'll only ever enter here is i have to. Today I guess, if I don't want to get caught, I need to change how I look completely. Even if that does mean... Wearing a dress! Just the thought of it makes me shudder. It's not that i think i look bad in one, I just hate the fact that the boys, and most of the girls, only talk to me because they think I look "hot" while wearing one. Like seriously? I'm not a bloody temperature!

I look really out of place here wearing a baggy, grey v-neck, black ripped jeans and a pair of black and white Nike high-tops. The v-neck is actually the shirt I used last night for a pajama shirt and the pants were just sitting in my draws, as for the Nike high-tops... I stole them from one of the boys at the orphanage, Rory, he hasn't noticed yet and i plan on keeping it that way!

"Umm... Excuse me? Are you lost?" A female worker who looked around my age asked.

Wow. Rude much?

"No, I know exactly where I am. I'm looking for a dress!" In all my seventeen years and eleven months of being alive, I never thought I'd say that!

She stood there and stared at me like I was some sort of freak show.

"Alrighty then." I said, slightly confused while looking through the multiple dresses... "Now if you don't mind I'm going to try this on." I grabbed a strapless blue and black knee-length dress and made my way towards the dressing rooms.