Chapter 1

Shout out to SleepwalkingAwake for the cover!

Chapter 1

       I was the type of person that didn't mind going to school, and I definitely didn't get bored in any of the classes. 

       Well, except my English class. I always finished my work ahead of time, and was always so bored in the class because there was nothing for me to do except for count down the minutes until school ended.

       Unfortunately, after school I had to go to my twin brother's dance competition. Don't get me wrong, I really loved dance and going to dance competitions, unless it was a male solo competition Zayden was competing in. He had been winning for the past three years and every year, I always get told, "Oh, your brother is so amazing at dance, just like your parents. Why don't you dance like them?"

       I didn't have to do every single thing my parents or my brother did. I was my own person, but people tended to see me kind of like Zayden's clone, only with glasses.

       It wasn't my fault I hated being in front of a lot of people.

       "Hey," my cousin, Kingsley, said softly as he leaned over. "You're staring again."

       I looked at Kingsley. "I wasn't....I don't....I was looking at the clock."

       Kingsley snorted. "The clock is up there." He gestured his head towards the clock hanging on top of the whiteboard. "You were looking over there." He gestured towards where Eleanor Burgess was sitting, also known as the girl I've had a crush on for probably ever.

       "I wasn't," I lied. "I was....thinking."

       "About her?" he asked.

       "No," I said. "Just do your work."

       "You see, I would, but I don't have the motivation right now," he said. "School's almost done for the day, which means it's relaxing time." He leaned back in his seat and placed his arms behind his head.

       "Kingsley," the teacher, Mrs. Stanford, said. "Are you done your work?"

       "Nope," Kingsley said. "I'm relaxing now. I have a saying. If you don't have the motivation, then just relax and forget about your schoolwork."

       Mrs. Stanford raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

       "Yes, really," Kingsley said. "Thus, me not doing my schoolwork right now. I just don't have the motivation. And at least I'm not trying to balance a pencil on my nose."

       My uncle Gray dropped the pencil he was trying to balance on his nose and looked at Kingsley. "Don't throw me under the bus."

       "Yeah, don't throw him under the bus," his twin sister, Magnolia, said.