Chapter One: The Mortal Cup

"This parabatai of yours...will we ever meet her?" Alexander Lightwood as they walked down the steps heading towards Jace, they had a investigation to figure out who has been killing mundanes and draining their blood. Isabelle smirked at his question and looked at her platinum wig before responding.

"Possibly." Isabelle replied and smiled before looking over at Jace. "What's both of your obsession with wanting to meet her?"

"Just out of pure curiosity." Alec replied and Jace chuckled.

"Well according to your descriptions...she's hot and I..." He paused as he walked between them. "dream about her......." He whispered earning himself a glare from Alec. "What? It happens.."

"You are so odd." Isabelle mumbled before clearing her throat lightly. "Anyways....what's going on?" 

"All right, guys, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood." Jace explained, his siblings nodded.

"Why do they want blood? Isn't that vampire territory?" Alec asked and Jace shrugged. How would he know what was going on?

"I don't know, Alec. Lazy vampires, maybe? There must be something special about their blood." He replied

"What could be special about mundane blood?"

"You get me a sample and I'll tell you exactly what they're looking for." Isabelle smirked and glanced at her sword that she held firmly.

"We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for."

"So, you don't think they're acting on their own." Alec said, Jace looked at the screen and found an image of the demon they need to find.

"No. They're not exactly creative thinkers, they're shapeshifters. This is what our target looks like."

"For now." Izzy said before they started to walk off. The three of them headed to the front of The Institute ready to leave.

"Great. I'll get approval for the mission. " Alec said causing Isabelle and Jace to groan

"Come on, Alec. By the time you've sent that message, we'll have killed six demons."

"Besides, it's more fun to break the rules than to follow them." 

~

'Few Hours Before'

Skylar raised an eyebrow as she helped her mother in the kitchen with dinner. She had come all the way from France to celebrate her younger sisters birthday. "Have you spoken to Clarissa?" She asked as she finished up cleaning the counters. 

"I have not...but I will soon. I have  to find the right time to tell her." Jocelyn said and leaned against the counter. "Have you spoken to anyone at the New York Institute?" 

"Uh...yes. Isabelle, and that's all. She's the only one who knows I am currently here and back." Skylar whispered and shrugged. She sat on the counter and let out a sigh. "Oh mom...I can't believe she's 18! So old."

"Skye?" Clary asked as she walked into the kitchen a bit surprised, she wasn't expecting to see her older sister home from France. As Clary and Skylar talked and tried to get caught up before Luke walked over with a gift for Clary. He placed her gift on the counter before looking over at the girls. "Hey, Luke, what's up?"

"Hey! Incredible drawings. Oh, thanks. And I got you these. Spray paint."

"Oh, they're perfect. If I catch any of that paint on city walls, I will arrest you."