Chapter 31

Izzy's POV

I run my fingers through his hair. Not only did my dad ruin my life, he ruined Harry's too. I don't know where Harry will go from here, but I hope that it won't be anywhere I can't find him. I won't have able to save him the next time, and honestly I'm not sure he will be able to save me either.

"We should get some sleep. We have school tomorrow." I tell him softly. He nods and gets up.

"You can sleep in here, I'll be right next door in the guest room if you need anything." He says and I nod, even though I'm not exactly sure I want to sleep alone. But at the same time, I don't want to wake him by squirming with my nightmares.

"I love you." I lean up and kiss his cheek.

"I love you." He whispers and kisses my lips. I sit on the edge of the bed and watch him walk away. I stop him before he can open the door.

"Harry." He turns around and looks at me. "Please don't go." I plea.

"Okay, then I'll sleep in the chair." He shifts.

"No, sleep with me, on the bed." I beg. Which is odd for me.

I don't precisely know what came over me when I blurted out my need to have him close to me. Maybe it was for the constant fear that things have already changed between us, but that fear shouldn't have been felt when we just held on to each other for so long with so much passion just moments before. I honestly think it's because of the reassurance and sanity I need and can only get from him. He is my serenity. He is the only thing that can calm my mind and I can only hope I do the same for him.

He looks at me skeptically. His composure is beyond beautiful. His muscled arms hang down loosely, but look as stiff as I feel. His eyes examine me and it takes everything in me not to make a move and wait patiently for him to respond. His tanned abdomen catches my eyes. I look at the professionally done inked butterfly that lays across it. The details have my attentions as I watch him slowly moving closer to me. I was in such a daze that I barely realized he has made it all the way to me. My hand reaches up and runs along the image that will forever remain on his skin. I can feel him watching my every move, but I look at it closer. I have fallen in love with him because of who he is, but now I find myself falling a little harder because of the things on his skin that represent exactly who he is.

"You like it?" He asks. I look up to find his eyes for a brief moment before looking back at it.

"Yeah. It's beautiful." I tell him.

"Not as beautiful as you." He whispers.

"Stop with this beautiful thing. I mean it. I love it." I stand up and run my hands up his torso and down his arms. "I love all of them. I love all of you." I whisper looking at the birds that are drawn just above his pecks. He leans down and kisses my forehead.

"I believe you, but you're still beautiful." He says and I shake my head. Me lifts my chin up with his fingers and I look into his bright green eyes. Even in the dim lit room, they still have that shine that I long to see every morning when I wake up. "Ready?" He asks. And I nod, before turning around and climbing in the bed. I lay my head down on the pillow and next thing I know, the covers are over me.

I'm not facing Harry, but I can feel him looking at me. He's almost debating on whether he should hold me or not, and I'm silently pleading that he will. His mind forces him to believe that I need space and shifts to a different position. But the way his breathing is and the feel of his heart beat pounding through the bed, I can tell he's laying flat on his back and I assume he's staring at the ceiling. Even though we have just shared a moment of love and need, there's a certain distance between us. A distance that almost makes my heart crack a little more with every second I can feel his heart ache. It's almost as if were both thinking of ways that we could stay together, and at this point, I would literally do anything.

I can't take the gravitational pull his whole body seems to have on me. It's not a sexual pull, even though I know we both think about it. It's more of a pull for comfort. Since my mom died, he has been the only one to comfort me the way that I have longed to be comforted. I turn around and scoot as close to him as possible. I rest my head on his chest and basically lay on top of him. He seems a little confused at first but I soon feel his hand wrap around me and pull me closer. I look up to him. His eyes are closed but I know he's still awake. He keeps a tight hold on me as if scared to lose me, as he should be, because I'm leaving.

Harry's POV.

I grab Izzy's clothes out of the dryer. I slept great last night. Even though neither of us got a ton of sleep, the feel of having her next to me was something I wasn't going to let go of. She had woken up before I did, just a few minutes before my alarm clock was going to go off. It was almost as if something shocked her and scared her enough to wake up. I walk in the room and she's sitting on the edge of the bed. Her hair is pulled into a hair tie and her facial expression is unreadable.

"What's going on?" I hand her some jeans and one of my tshirts and a hoodie.

"I didnt have a nightmare last night." She looks at me while taking the clothes from my hand.

"I thought you didn't always have them?" I think back. She said she had nightmares but she didn't say how often.

"No, I heave them every night. Every night except last night.." She trails off in thought.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"I don't know exactly." She frowns.

"Did affect the way you slept?" I ask.

"I slept great. Almost too good to even be true." She smirks a little.

"I slept great too. I have only really slept when you're in my arms." I tell her almost embarrassed.

"I'm gonna go change. Then we can leave." She kisses me before walking into the bathroom.

That's what was missing. I spent a half hour last night preparing for her to scream before I fell asleep. She didn't have a nightmare. I think that's the first night since her mum left that she hasn't had a nightmare. I thought that the one I had experienced was bad, but I can only imagine what they were like when she first started having them. I don't know what we're gonna do, but I'm not willing to just let her walk out of my life. I'm not willing to never see her again. I don't know what I would do. Even with the distance that the information has caused between us, I can already feel myself suffering and I'll never survive when she's actually gone. I'll visit her, or she'll visit me. I don't know which exactly but I won't let this come between us. I won't let this hurt her. Or maybe now that I think about it, I won't let it hurt me.