New Discoveries

Daryl stormed into the arena and went straight to the changing rooms and looked around.  Seeing Sean laughing and talking with another guy as they dressed, Daryl charged over and threw Sean against the lockers as several of the guys looked at them and then walked quietly away.

"What the fuck Sean!" Daryl fumed

"Whoa Daryl" Sean said nervously "What's going on?"

"You know EXACTLY what's going on, why were you watching us?" Daryl growled.

"I wasn't, not really" Sean said sheepishly

"Yes you were!  She saw you and you knew exactly why she was upset!" Daryl yelled.

"I wasn't watching, I glanced and just so happened to glance when she looked up.....okay I probably shouldn't have but you can't blame me for being curious to why you're so into this chick.  I've never seen you like this with a girl before" Sean tried to explain.

"Yeah well thanks to you she'll probably never speak to me again.  She thinks we planned it, that when we went to the concession stand we talked about swapping spots so you could watch" Daryl said in a hurt voice.

"Oh man, I'm sorry Daryl....I never thought she would think that" Sean said, trying to apologize.

"Whatever, just stay away from her, I don't need you making things worse.  I'm going to try and talk to her when she gets here" Daryl said, opening his locker getting ready to change.

********
"You going with me?" Cheyenne asked Livi who sat on her bed.

"Na I promised Judy I'd help her color her hair.  Hey um Chey, you know Daryl came back last night?" Livi said quietly

Hearing his name instantly shot a bolt of pain through her heart.

"He did?" Cheyenne said softly "What, did he have a camera crew this time?"

"Chey" Livi said softly "I honestly don't think he knew what Sean was doing, he was really broken up about you being upset.  He asked me to find out from you why you were mad so when he came back I told him.  He seemed like he was really mad at Sean"

Cheyenne sighed as she finished braiding her hair, she really didn't know what to think.

"Maybe so, but this is probably for the best that we don't see each other anymore.  If Amanda found out she would stop at nothing to make my life a living hell, you know that" Cheyenne said pointedly

"I guess, but only if you think he's not worth the risk" Livi asked softly

Cheyenne stared at her reflection and knew in her heart that she thought he was so worth the risk, it was why she agreed to go out with him in the first place but the whole thing with Sean....she just didn't know.

"We'll talk about it later, I gotta get Wah-kee'-ahn ready to go" Cheyenne said.

Walking down the stairs and to the barn, Cheyenne couldn't help but feel a mixture of sadness and nervousness knowing Daryl would be there but she wasn't sure at all if they would talk.  Getting her supplies loaded and then the horse into the trailer, Cheyenne pulled out of her driveway thinking to herself, here goes nothing.

Getting to the arena and putting Wah-kee'-ahn in his stall, Cheyenne poked her head out of the back and looked at the crowd that were watching the riders.  First seeing Amanda and her friends with the sour looks on their faces, she was at least glad he wasn't up there sitting with them.  Looking at where Amanda was staring, Cheyenne looked at Daryl and took a deep breath.  He looked incredible in his jeans and chaps and western shirt and cowboy hat.  She had never really seen him dressed for riding and wow did he ever look good.  Slipping back into the barn with the horses, Cheyenne began to pace unsure what to do.  Should she tell him she wanted to talk?  Would he want to?  What if Livi was wrong?  Hearing a voice, Cheyenne jumped and turned around and almost groaned seeing Sean.  Beginning to walk away, Sean spoke again.