Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The preparations for the evening began. Sofia showered and left her hair wrapped in a towel and slipped into the robe provided for her. Her mind shifted to Lucian and so badly, she wanted to ask him where he was going, and who he was going with. In a frustrated sigh, she closed the robe, stood up and made her way downstairs.

"Perfect timing," noted John as he led Sofia towards a bunch of people walking in. "Sofia, this is the team. That's Chris, Patti, Doug, and Rebecca. They are going to get you ready."

Sofia looked at John with an arched brow and a confused look. "Team?"

"Just trust me."

**

Sofia wasn't allowed to open her eyes until every single detail of her costume was completed. "We're almost finished," called Doug standing somewhere to Sofia's left.

She felt her hair being wrapped around her head held by a bunch of bobby pins. Her eyes were closed and she could swear she felt poking near her eyelashes. She tried her hardest to relax but was finding it more and more difficult. Someone whisked something over her head causing her to feel a tightening sensation as it was secured in place. The feel of a soft cool sponge was smoothed over and over her face followed by a soft brush.

"Relax," Chris said in a gentle voice. "I need your makeup to be perfect. Think of something happy. That should help."

She did her best to relax and felt something being arranged on her head and pictured a scene from the movie The Bird Cage and let out a soft giggle. Hands were everywhere and soon she couldn't keep track of anything anymore. She became numb.

"Okay, we're ready for the dress," called Patti in an excited voice. "All the men, out."

"Thank you," Sofia replied as she stood up for the first time in a little over an hour. "Can I finally open my eyes?"

"Just a few more minutes," called Rebecca as she unzipped the garment bag and walked towards Sofia. "Oh wow. This is fantastic. You're going to be the bell of the ball."

Before long, she was dressed and able to open her eyes. On her feet were silver sparkle peep toe stilettos; her long dress was a white almost sheer fabric with an array of crystals intricately sewn into the thin material. It was form fitted with a long slit that exposed more leg then she would ever dare. The bodice of the dress was extremely low cut exposing ample breasts held up by two crystal made straps.

On top of her head was a specially made spiked crystal crown with iced tiny flowers. Her hair was long, wavy and a white/ice silver color that flowed down her back and reached the curve of her spine. Her eyes were framed with silver shadow and long, thick white eyelashes that gave a frozen appearance. The mask was handmade and matched the crystal crown on top of her head giving her the Ice Queen look.

"Wow," complimented David as he stood in the doorway dressed in an amazing Summer King costume. In walked John in his Fall King costume and their friend Tammy walked in with a beautiful gown made of flowers, Spring Queen.

**

The limo pulled up to the Old Mill Mansion down a private road in Greenwich, Connecticut, causing Sofia to let out her breath. Fairy lights of purple, blue and white outlined the mansion, shrubs and trees.

"One picture before we go in," demanded John as he handed the camera to his driver. "Take a bunch," he whispered as he moved towards the group. They all posed in different positions smiling and laughing knowing how fabulous they looked.

"Come on. Let's go inside," Tammy called with excitement in her voice. "I can't wait to see all the costumes everyone's wearing."

Sofia slowly walked up the romantically lit cement stairs and paused as she got to the top. Her eyes took in her appearance from the reflection of the huge double glass doors and she smiled. All four of them looked fantastic.