The Wedding Singer - Morgan Rielly

Player: Morgan Rielly – Toronto Maple Leafs

Mentions: Jake Gardner

Warnings: None.

Preview: The wedding is tomorrow dude. Just don't worry about it, plus it's a wedding, tons of girls. And You're the best man, which is major pull." Jake replied patting Morgan's back entering the hotel where the wedding was being held

Characters:. 961 words.

"I don't know Jake

"I don't know Jake. I'm going to your wedding stag. Lucy would kill me if I brought some random girl." Morgan said shaking his head.

"The wedding is tomorrow dude. Just don't worry about it, plus it's a wedding, tons of girls. And You're the best man, which is major pull." Jake replied patting Morgan's back entering the hotel where the wedding was being held.

"Like her?" Morgan quipped nodding his head towards the girl standing next to Lucy. She had her head thrown back laughing at something Lucy was saying.

Jake sucked in his breath and chuckled. That's Y/N, Lucy's maid of honor and sister basically."

"She's absolutely stunning. Why have I never seen her before around yours?" Mo remarked.

"She lives in New York, big star on Broadway or something." Jake shrugged.

You were standing there in leggings and a tank top that read "MOH: Getting Shit Done." Your hair was up in a messy bun holding your luggage.

Jake walked up and hugged his soon to be bride as you smiled. You noticed the cute blonde to Jake's left.

He smiled at you raising his arm to give you a simple wave.

You waved back at him and turned to Lucy.

"Break it up Lovebirds, we have a wedding rehearsal to get ready for!" you giggled as you pulled her away and towards the elevators. The boys just watching you go.

You both entered your hotel room and started unpacking. "Who was that with Jake?" you asked subtly trying not to be too obvious.

She looked at you with a smirk.

"You mean Mo? That's Jake's best friend and best man. He is on the leafs with him."

"Oh okay" you nodded trying to pull off the whole uninterested look.

Lucy was not buying it. "Why are you interested?" she asked wiggling her eyebrows.

You threw a pillow at her. "Let's just get ready"

She just nodded and you both continued on your makeup.

You might have examined your dress a few extra times. You wore a simple dress that matched the colors of the wedding. Your hair down and curled. You slipped into your heels and turned to Lucy.

"Ready Bride?" you asked with a smile.

"Let's do this Maid of Honor!" she returned the smile and you both headed down to the ballroom.

You stepped in and the room took your breath away.

"Luc, It's absolutely gorgeous." You smiled at her almost in tears.

She hugged you as family and the rest of the bridal party began to funnel in.

"Where is my bride?" you heard a booming voice echo through the ballroom.

You smiled as you watched Lucy run and jump into Jake's arms. You noticed the blonde trailing behind him, the one you now knew as Morgan.

You were watching the happy couple greet everyone. Suddenly you felt someone next to you.

"Hi, I'm Morgan." You glanced and smiled at the suit clad man next to you.

So I've heard, Y/N. You smiled reaching out your hand.

"So Jake says you're basically like Lucy's sister?"

"So you asked about me?" you answered

He blushed furiously.

"Lucy tells me that you are a hockey player" You smile

"So you asked about me?" he smirks as you are both called to walk down the aisle.

You link arms and begin walking down the aisle slowly both of you matching steps. You lean into him. "I might have asked about you." You whisper.

You watch as a smile creeps across Morgan's face.

"Okay tone it down. You kind of look like a serial killer Rielly." You whisper again with a chuckle.

Before he can answer you two are split apart and standing on opposite sides of the aisle. This didn't stop Morgan. He continued to make faces at you as each couple walked down the aisle, causing you to giggle.

You finished the rehearsal and followed everyone to dinner. A cute blonde hockey player hot on your tail. Lucy and Jake were holding sort of a pre-wedding party just for family and the bridal party.

"So where are you sitting?" he asked.

"Nowhere" you smiled and headed towards the front of the room.

You as well as a few of Lucy's cousins took the stage.

"Good Evening Everyone. My name is Y/N, the maid of honor." You were met with applause.

"First of all, Congratulations to the Bride and Groom." You smiled gesturing to where Jake and Lucy were sitting. You were greeted with applause once again.

So since I love the bride so much, and the band for this evening cancelled, I will be your entertainment. You curtsied after another round of applause.

And with that you began to sing. You couldn't help but glance at the cute boy staring at you.

Morgan's POV

Once she began to sing, I was absolutely entranced. Not only was she gorgeous. She went from song to song, each one perfectly showing off her skill.

I was so focused on watching her, I had not noticed both Jake and Lucy sitting down next to me.

"So you like my best friend huh?" Lucy giggled.

"She is so talented" I simply stated.

"Well she is interested, she failed miserably at subtly asking about you earlier"

I couldn't control my smile. "She did?" I asked stupidly.

"Yes, so you better make your move!" Lucy said hitting my arm.

Yeah, two of the rookies already asked permission to go for it but you are the only one Lucy would approve of." Jake chuckled.

"Don't worry I will." I stated matter of factly.