Recipe: Grapefruit & Coconut Lip Balm.

Lip balm is one of the easiest and most inexpensive products to create. I made it for the first time while in college, and was instantly hooked!  Not only is crafting your own surprisingly simple, but you have full control over all of the ingredients and the satisfaction of knowing that you’re putting pure, natural, and organic elements on your lips!

This recipe is for a light and citrusy lip balm.  It is a perfect blend for the springtime and warm summer months, or for those who prefer a lightweight and glossy lip balm.

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon organic unrefined Coconut Oil

2 Tablespoons organic Sunflower Oil

1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Beeswax

15-20 drops organic Grapefruit Essential Oil

A few drops of Vitamin E Oil (optional)

How to: 

1.  Gather all of your ingredients, and coarsely chop the beeswax or use beeswax pastilles.

2.  Place the beeswax and oils in a small pot or glass Pyrex measuring cup and gently heat in the top of a double boiler until the beeswax has melted.

3.  Once melted, remove from the stove top and add essential oils and Vitamin E Oil.

4.  Immediately pour the mixture into lip balm containers. You can purchase lip balm tubes and jars, or you can reuse glass or plastic containers. Allow to cool completely before placing caps onto the lip balm containers.

5.  Your lip balm is finished! This recipe will make approximately 1.5 oz of lip balm.