n i n e t y o n e

$ n i n e t y o n e $

Jagi made her way down the hall of the mansion where she lived with her brother Seokjin and the rest of the Coyotes members. She was looking for Jimin, who was spending all of his time avoiding her in order to prevent the inevitable. She had been out in the garden when she heard some of the members training. It was Taehyung, and Jungkook, who was recovering from an injury sustained when the Coyotes tried to take the Pack's lands. The maknae had been the only one who left the scene injured, with a bullet lodged in his shoulder. He now wore a sling to make the weight of his arm lighter on his shoulder, but was on his way to fully recovering. He was the youngest of them and was very strong.

The two youngest boys in the Coyotes pack informed her that they had seen Jimin at breakfast, and that he told them he was going to return to his bedroom for a while before heading off to his patrol schedule of the territory. Since Yoongi was still out doing his rounds, Jagi knew it was likely that Jimin was still in the house.

She made her way to his room, stopping at his door and giving a few hard knocks. There were footsteps heard from inside and when the door open she was met face to face with a semi-dressed Jimin. His hair was dampened and there was a fresh smell of mint radiating off him. He was dressed in a pair of jeans, but he was shirtless, and he couldn't help but form a smirk on his lips when he saw who was at the door.

"Came to see your husband, baby? I hope you changed your mind about what you said the other day." He asked her in a teasing manner. He thought that after giving her time to think about things, she would choose to stay with him. They had gotten married young and really loved each other when they sealed the deal. 

She rolled her eyes at him, not at all sharing his good mood. Crossing her arms over her chest, she chose to go directly to the point. "I have been patient enough, Jimin. But I refuse to wait any longer. I want us to get a divorce as soon as possible, but you keep avoiding and ignoring me. I'm not in love with you anymore and it would be better for the two of us if we went our separate ways. Find someone who will love you, I'm sure you're a great guy--"

The smile that had been on his lips instantly dropped. "Oh, that's why you're here."

He had clearly been hoping for something else. Heaving a sigh, he turned and walked into the room, heading towards the bed where there was a shirt he had laid out for himself to wear that day. He plopped himself at the edge of his bed, a bed he had shared with Jagi not even six months prior. Now it was a place where he slept all by himself. Ever since returning, Jagi had gotten her own room, and it wasn't like he didn't sometimes hear her sneaking into Kyungsoo's room.

She nodded her head and followed him inside, shutting the door behind herself. Her words were pleading now as she spoke, hoping to persuade him. Though she knew it would not be easy. "Please, Jimin."

Now he gave a firm shake of his head, anger bubbling within him. "I will never divorce you. I will never let you go. You're my wife, and I love you."

"But I don't love you." She repeated, instantly frustrated at the way he was reacting. The words found a way to sting him and she knew it. But she needed to get them out there. It was better than sugar coating it and lying to him, when she no longer felt the same way. "If you won't agree to this the easy way, then I'm gonna have to do this the hard way."

He laughed bitterly, mocking her. She stood in front of him and he looked up into her eyes with a hint of resentment. "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do, baby? The only way we can divorce is if the alpha allows it, and he won't because his loyalty would be to me over you. I'm his brother, while you're only a member because Jin is your brother, and through marriage to me. Those are the rules of our pack."

"Bullshit." She spat.

But Jimin only gestured towards the door. "Go ask your brother if you want. He'll tell you the same thing." With a satisfied smirk on his face, he added, "In this pack you're not an alpha like you were with the Wolves. Here you're just ranked according to our marriage."

Jagi stormed out of the room without saying more to him and went to find her brother next. She found him at his usual place, in one of the offices in the house. He looked up from what he was doing and gave her a loving smile. Their argument from when she went to visit the pack was long forgotten for him. For her, it was still ever present. But she chose to forget it for the moment because she needed answers desperately, and she knew that no one in that Pack would be more honest with her than Seokjin.

"Jin, I need you to help me contact a lawyer now." She said to him, still standing in front of his desk. "I can't stand being married to Jimin a second longer. I don't love him. I want to be with Kyungsoo."

Her brother, who since her return tried to give her everything she wanted, shook his head. This was the second time he was denying her anything. The first was when he stopped allowing her to leave the house because she had decided to keep in contact with the enemy. "I want to help you, Jagi. But alpha needs to approve, and that would be unlikely to happen. Jimin is like a brother to us."

Jagi groaned in frustration and threw her head back, gaze to the heavens. "This is fucking ridiculous. I'm the one married to him, not the alpha. If I want to divorce him, I shouldn't have to ask permission."

Jin only gave a half-hearted shrug of his shoulders. "There's nothing I can do. My hands are tied."

Though it pained him to see his sister upset. He would much rather have her married off to Jimin, over having her married off to a slave of the Pack. Their Pack, like all others in the area, were ruled based on hierarchy. If Jagi were to leave Jimin and marry Kyungsoo, she would earn the rank of a slave just like him. Jin figured that was the last of Jagi's worries, but as her brother, he only wanted what was best for her.

"I don't know how I'll do it," She started, voice filled with anger. "But I'm gonna divorce him, and there're nothing you can do to stop me. If you want war with me, Jin, you'll have it."

"But Jagi--" He started, but she cut him off.

"You think you're doing what's best for me, but you're not." She accused, and without another word she stormed out of the room.

-

third update for the night. i was gonna update earlier. but i was trying to upload onto youtube some clips from my exordium in la experience. just a fucking fifteen second clip has taken about six hours to upload. im so fucking done right now. 

so tomorrow im going to try to update another three chapters because i want this story to end kind of quickly so that i can continue with other projects.

thank you all loads for reading.

-clary