Chapter 42: I Will Give You 2 Years

On the day of Elder Wang birthday, Grandfather, Uncle Zedong, Min, and I all went together. When I had wanted to ride of Yun, the men stopped me. Apparently in my long layer dress, it'll be difficult to ride a horse, so Min suggest that I sat in the carriage with Grandfather.

Once we arrived to the Wang Estate, I felt nervous. After Grandfather left the carriage, I was left alone to panic. Maybe Wang Feng will changed his mind and the engagement wouldn't be announced. Would grandfather be angry if I run away?

"Lan, stop hiding and come out"

                 I blushed to Wang Feng deep voice just outside the carriage. Taking several deep breaths, I finally walked out to see him. Like always, the man was handsome in black.

"Come"

He held out his hand to me and helped me down the carriage. To my surprise, he kept hold of my hand while guiding me in. I could see the look of surprised on people as Feng lead me through the grand silver doors.

"Ah, that's my phoenix stick"

The blue jade phoenix hair stick - the same one I'm currently wearing is holding up Wang Feng long ponytail.

"It belongs to me"

"But that's mine"

"You already gave it to me"

"When did I_

"You're not getting it back"

I realized the ridiculous one side conversation we're having so I didn't say anything else. Hearing how he chuckled at my defeat, I could only sigh.

"Grandmother"

                Once we arrived to the main hall, I saw Elder Wang sitting in the main wood chair wearing a lovely jade green robe. Standing at her side was the beautiful Li Xia and Mistress Wang.

"Wei Lan jie-jie" Li Xia rush to my side with a big smile as soon as she saw me.

                Seeing Li Xia's eyes going to my hand in her brother's, I self-consciously pulled at my hand. But it was a useless attempt - the man tight grip was impossible to escape.

"Wei Lan" Elder Wang smiled at me.

"Wei Lan greets Elder Wang" I bowed my head and looked up at her, returning a smile. "Wei Lan also wishes Elder Wang a happy birthday"

"Good, good" Elder Wang smiled more and waved me over.

                Only then did Wang Feng let me go so that I go to his grandmother.

"I was worried your boorish grandfather would keep you locked up" She placed her hand on my cheek as I smile.

Before I could respond, my grandfather spoke out from behind me.

"This boorish grandfather would have locked her up but remembered that a boorish young man would have come kidnapped her"

                I tried not to laugh at the cute ways the grandparents are conversing with each other.

"Wei Lan jie-jie, come with me" Li Xia suddenly took my hand and let me away.

"Xia_" Feng wanted to stop his sister but his grandmother pulled him back.

As Li Xia is taking Wei Lan out the main hall.

"You will have plenty of time later with Wei Lan, let Li Xia have some now"

"Lan is mine, I don't need to share her with anyone"

                Although Feng rarely show interest in anything, but once he does, he will not allow anyone to have it. The man was a possessive person by nature - and he never cared to hide or deny it.