chapter 52

everyone scattered. there were screams and yells, people running out of the house, escaping through windows and back doors, bryce and i ran through the back door. we ran through the backyard and jumped the neighbors fence. we ran down the street to mikeys. i looked back to see a line of cars speeding down my street and people running and yelling. bryce knocks on the door and mikey opens up. bryce and i walk in and pace back and forth.
"jesus guys are you okay?" mikey asks holding me because im shaking. "someone shot off a gun during the party and we just dipped." bryce said.
"im glad you guys are safe" he says with worry. i cut my leg while jumping the fence and bryce cut his hand so we cleaned that up. we had to go talk to police about what happened and that took about an hour. i couldnt go in my own house because someone was seriously injured but i had to get rocky so a police officer got him. we walked back to mikeys house and stayed there for the night. i couldnt really sleep well that night and neither could bryce so we went downstairs and watched tv. obviously it was on the news and i was shocked.
"thats weird" i say not taking my eyes off the tv. "whats weird" bryce says. "thats our house. a shooting happend there. everyone was having fun and being happy and these people had to ruin it" i say getting frustrated. "its okay katherine i understand what your saying and i totally agree" he says squeezing my thigh. the woman on the news said that there were about 7 people involved. it was a gang and the people had beef. "im just glad nobody i knew got hurt. speaking of that im gonna call jess" i say getting up. i walk to the kitched and get a water while dialing jess' number. it rings a few times when i hear her raspy voice.
"hello?"
"hey"
"whats up"
"nothing i was just wondering if you were okay from the event that happend tonight"
"yeah yeah im fine im just a little shook and hunter got a cut on his arm but its minor"
"thats better than what i heard"
"oh god what did you hear"
"well i couldnt go into my own house bc someone was still in there and im not sure if that someone was alive anymore and that makes me anxious"
"thats gonna be really weird going back and knowing that happend"
"i know but bryce and i are staying at mikeys for the night or at least this blows over"
"well stay safe tell bryce and mikey that i love them and give rocky a kiss for me!"
"haha i will"
"i love you"
"i love you too"
(end call)
i walk back into the living room to find bryce sleeping on the couch. it was 2:47 am. i put a blanket over him and give him a kiss. i go upstairs to the guest bedroom and get my bed ready but before i went to sleep i go into mikeys room. hes laying in bed on his phone.
"hello?" he says.
"its katherine, can i come in?" i ask.
"yeah yeah" he says sitting up. i sit on his bed next to him. "listen, the thing that happened between us..."
"yeah i know im so sorry about that i was too nervous to say anything katherine you know i wasnt myself and im so sorry"
"its okay. i know you weren't yourself. i dont think if you differently but after you left, bryce told me that.. youve kinda... liked me for years."
it was awkward for a moment.
"i do. its the truth. but i know your bryce's, i do ,your off limits." he says looking me in the eye. "okay because i like you i dont want to not be friends with you your funny and nice and your always there when people need someone so i also just want to say is that im thankful to have someone like you mikey." i say. he nods. i kiss him on the cheek and leave. it wasnt a kiss kiss it was just a i love you as a friend kiss. maybe i shouldnt have done that...
[mikeys pov]
im not sure if that was a friendly kiss or a i dont know what we are so im gonna do something thats not so risky. im never gonna wash my cheek ever again.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
i have some new ideas about this book!! i feel like i should end this book but i want to make a sequel though i dont know what to do with it???