The Return

Chapter Twenty Nine

Maya's P.O.V.

Ever since we came back from Coachella, people have came up to me and asked me about the experience and if it was fun. Well if you call breaking up a fight between Chase and Lucas before security did fun, then I had boatloads of it. For the rest of Coachella, Chase and Lucas didn't leave their rooms in the beach house. And everytime we tried to ask them if they we're okay, they would stay quiet. I'm just thankful Chase didn't toss Lucas our in the street, cause that would have been a tiny bit bad. Even though that was a month ago, they still haven't said one word to each other.

"It's the first day of June and they still refuse to even look at each other." Riley whispered to me in English as we did group work.

"I would say they'd get over it, but I honestly don't even know at this point." I sighed as I continued to work. I snuck a glance at Lucas how had his head down as he worked with Zay. "Damn girl, what type of an effect do you have on these guys?

She shrugged, "If I knew I'd tell you." She slumped down in her chair after she said that.

"Look, summer is right around the corner. All you have to do is just pick one." I said.

She sighed, "Why are boys so extra."

"Because that's how they just are." I laugh.

She started to laugh to as Mr. Falls walked over to us.

"If a boy is extra... He just wants attention." He said to us right before he walked off.

Riley's P.O.V.

I paced back in forth in my room while Maya sat in the Bay Window.

"Hey guys," My Mom said as she came into the room. "I have some news."

"What is it?" I heard Maya ask.

"Okay, I guess I can drop Onyx, he's about to leave ether way and I hate the idea of Long Distance." I say as I sit down next to Maya to see my Mom smirking at me.

"This about what happened at Coachella?" She asked.

Maya and I both nodded our heads. She chuckled as she sat next to me.

"Have you ever needed to chose between two boys Mom?" I asked her.

She pondered for a moment, "I think at one point, I was dating this boy and your father asked me out again. Now let me just remind you that your father had terrible timing and I was really starting to like the boy was with at the time. So I said no."

"Ouch." Maya whinced and then laughed.

"But, Cory has chose between me and others multiple times." She said smiling an obviously fake smile. "OH CORY!" She yelled.

A couple of seconds later my Dad came strolling in with a McDonald's drink in his hand. "What's up?"

"Our daughter needs to choose between two boys. And since you know a lot about choosing you should help her." Mom said.

My mouth droped open as I went to turn to Maya, and I realized her mouth was wide open as well. I turned to my Dad and saw that he was pointing at me.

"You set me up!"