The Fight With George

The idea for this scene only came to me AFTER I'd written a whole chapter set afterwards. By the time this idea had developed, there wasn't a way I could think to fit it into the story. So it's just lived inside my laptop until this very moment. Enjoy.

My fist flies towards George's face like a hawk advancing on its prey. His nose makes a very satisfying crunch as it breaks under the sheer force I apply to it. The blood still gushing out, George shakes his head to steady himself.

"Ok," he says. "I guess I deserved that. So are we all good now?" I smile to myself. There's no way in hell we'll ever be "all good" again. Instead of answering his question, I grab his ridiculously long hair, lift his head up slightly and send it crashing through the wooden table, leaving a large hole in the middle. Before George even has time to realise what I've done, I pick him up and hurl him at the concrete wall on the other side of the room.

He hits the wall and crumples to the ground under the impact, obviously unconscious. I casually walk over to him. I'm tempted to just leave him lying in the pool of his own blood, but then I have another idea. I give his head a swift kick, and I'm about to deliver the killer blow when College security drag me out. I manage to keep them off me for long enough to whisper into his ear.

"We're almost even now, George."