Chapter 1: Caught Off-Guard

It is recommended that you read The Phantoms At Our Tails first, if you haven't already. If you want more, please vote or comment so I can hear your feedback!

Wisteria collapsed backwards into her bed.

She was so tired, it was like she was already in a dream. She still was uneasy closing her eyes after facing death, but was steadily recovering.

Her limbs had gotten progressively less
sore after climbing down, since she had gotten used to the mountain environment, but she was still hurting a bit.

Wisteria was about to fall asleep, when she looked up one last time to see a map hung up onto her ceiling.

A series of tape were pinpointing certain locations on it.

Almost immediately after, she sat up, alerted by floorboards creaking.

Swiveling her head to the side, she esaw a strangely familiar face of someone that she never thought she would face again.

"Fman122?!"

He stumbled backwards, startled, and quickly turned around on his way out.

Wisteria sat there a moment confused, but almost immediately got up to chase him.

Her weeks on the mountain had built up her agility and strength, and she was quickly able to catch up to him. He weaseled in and out of nearby dens and buildings; Wisteria nearly lost him a few times.

Eventually she found herself close enough to fit her paw through a strap on the leather pouch he was wearing around his back, and pinned him down.

He looked surprisingly nonchalant.

"So you found me," he said investigating one of his claws.

Wisteria was caught off-guard, expecting him to put up more of a fight.

He went on, drawling the words out, "I'm not the one you need to be fearing, Wisteriamoon."

He remembered her?!

Thank you so much for reading!