e i g h t y s e v e n

$ e i g h t y s e v e n $

"What are you doing here, Jin?" She asked him, her voice guarded and afraid.

Her brother's face had reflected disappointment in it. He shook his head slowly, correcting her. "I followed you here. But I should be asking you that question Hyejin. What are you doing here, in Jackals territory? They're one of our many rivals in the area. We don't associate with them." He asked while he stood in Coyotes territory with Kyungsoo. He wouldn't dare stand in territory that wasn't his. It could lead to a misunderstanding and a possible gang war between two groups. The Jackals had the upper hand in this case, since they had the help of the Wolves.

"Nothing." She replied to his question. But she had nothing more to say as well. She couldn't come up with a lie fast enough.

"This is what you planned to do when you say you're going to school?" He asked her another question. His interrogation of her made her feel like a child. She couldn't even go anywhere without it being a big deal.

She argued against him. "I'm not a little kid, Jin. I don't need you following me around."

"Clearly you do." He said, eyes darkening in annoyance.

She huffed, annoyed as well. Stomping past him, she only paused momentarily to link arms with Kyungsoo. "Fine. I won't go anywhere anymore, but then don't start wondering why when I start to resent you and you're fucking Pack. From now on, I'll be just like Soo. I'll just be another one of your slaves." She informed him with no remorse. The two passed him and he stood on the side walk, frozen. When he took a while, she urged him to come along. "Come on. Lets go back to that golden cage you call a home."

Jagi and Kyungsoo got in her car which she had borrowed from the Coyotes, and Jin went back home in his own car. 

During the car ride back, Kyungsoo gave her a few minutes to calm down. Jin didn't follow them back, knowing that home was where they were headed. Kyungsoo's collar didn't allow them to leave the territory, and he knew Jagi wouldn't dare to leave without him. But once Kyungsoo saw her relax, he decided to talk to her about the incident. He was at the wheel of the car, while she was sitting in the front pasenger seat. "Jagi, you shouldn't fight with your brother. He's the only blood family you have."

She bit down on her lip, but didn't think to bite her tongue before speaking. "I had to, Soo. I like to say things as they are, and I think they're treating us unfairly. Family doesn't treat you like that. If he's going to keep me locked up at his house, he's no brother of mine. My only family are the Wolves. You're all are loyal to each other." She said, remembering what Baekhyun said to her when she delivered the message. "Alpha said he'll do everything in his power to get you back with the family."

"And the others?" Kyungsoo wondered.

"He said they will not help the Coven because they betrayed the Pack." She only repeated what he said to her, but she knew nothing of that back story. Kyungsoo knew it well though, since he had lived through it himself.

-

The Pack had been living with the Jackals for nearly a month when Baekhyun called their youngest member to see him. When he came into the room, the alpha smiled at him, and greeted his younger brother with a hug. "I don't see much of you lately, maknae." He said, and it was true. Ever since they had been captured and then rescued, the alpha was busy helping Minho out at the club. He was making good money because of it. Then with Jongin and Jiyeon having minor jobs in the Jackals' territory, they had asked the alpha if they could continue with their wedding plans. The alpha promised he would help them, and that was why he had called up the omega. "What have you been up to? How've you kept yourself busy?"

Sehun gave a little shrug of his shoulders. "I've been working for the Jackals here and there. Mostly driving and making deliveries in their territory. They don't want me patrolling with the others yet because they said it could be harmful for me." He said, glancing at his shoulder where his injury was located. His injury had been one of the more painful ones when they were attacked. He had a shattered clavicle which had needed surgery, and it was performed in a clandestine hospital because going to a real hospital was out of the question. Because of the location of his injury, it was impossible for him to wear a cast, and was on constant pain killers to dull the pain. 

Baekhyun nodded his head in understanding, but then proceeded to explain why he had called him in. "Joy and Kai are getting married, and they asked me to help them with everything. Miran's helping with the party planning, Kai and I are helping with the money for the ceremony. Our other brothers have agreed to help as well."

"I can put some money in too." Sehun offered quickly, though it wasn't asked of him. "I haven't made a ton of money with the deliveries. But enough to give something to our siblings."

"I know Kai and Joy would really appreciate that." The alpha said.

"But alpha," Sehun started, remembering something that was part of the rules of the Pack. "I thought none of the lower ranks were allowed to get married until the alpha was married."

Back then, it would have been allowed, because Junmyeon and Hani were married and that meant the others could have married as well. That was why Baekhyun had married Minha in the past. He married her after the alphas had their wedding. But now with their shift in power, and according to the rules, Jiyeon and Jongin had to wait for Miran and Baekhyun to marry before they could. 

At that, Baekhyun gave a shake of his head. "I decided to get rid of that rule, since it was absolutely ridiculous. I want to marry Miran, but I want to wait for the right moment to ask her. Joy and Kai already want to get married and I don't think it would be right to try and stop them."

"Yeah." Sehun said.

"Anyway," Baekhyun continued. He reached into his pocket and got out a pack of money with a rubber band around it. "I want you to please go to the church and reserve it for the ceremony. The sooner, the better." He handed the money over to Sehun and the maknae nodded, taking the money and stuffing it in his pocket.

The nearest church was a five minute walking distance from where the Jackals lived, and Baekhyun said it would be the best location for the ceremony since it was close to headquarters. Sehun went walking to the church, and arrived within minutes. As he entered the seemingly empty building--it was a weekday around noon and morning services were long over--he heard angelic music playing from the inside. But there was a particular voice that caught his attention. It was the most beautiful voice he had ever heard.

He walked inside in a daze, following the beautiful sound, until he was met face to face with a choir of nuns. And the girl who had captured his attention with her voice was equally as beautiful as she sounded.

Sehun thought to himself right then: what have I gotten myself into?

-

i realized that there was like no sehun action going on here and we've almost reached the end of the story. so finally, here we have it, sehun's story unfolding. i believe he was the last one i needed to develop a story for. so now all twelve have been featured with their lovely ladies. 

i hope you're all liking the story. i know i said i was gonna write for the prequel, but i kinda would rather finish this first before i proceed with that. 

right now i still have an hour before i go to work, so maybe i'll try to write a quick update for the prequel. thank you all so much for the love and support.

-clary