chapter one

She rolled over, burrying her face in her sky blue pillow. Her blanket enveloped her as if she was in a cocoon, and her long, coffee-brown hair was sprawled on the bed.

   And yet despite the comfort that she had, her amber eyes drifted around the room, her body completely giving up on trying to fall asleep. Maybe it was because of her phone vibrating non-stop on her wooden bedside table, annoying her slightly.

   Maybe this is what I get for being too lazy to turn my damned phone on silent, Skie thought, rolling over to pick her phone up.

   Upon turning it on, the notifications showed the series of unread messages from the groupchat.

+++

Akamine Himiko: anyone up?

Ikeda Alex: ayyy fren

Sugawara Koushi: Go to sleep, we have practice tomorrow

Akamine Himiko: WELL, WE DON'T

Sugawara Koushi: ikeda and luka do tho

Akemi Skie: Guys, shut up. Can't sleep. And Ooooo FIRST NAME BASIS!!

Ikeda Alex: TALK TO US TO GET SLEEPY THEN

Akamine Himiko: poor u, skie xD

Sawamura Daichi: we have practice tom.

Sugawara Koushi: sEE?!

Akemi Skie: You're such a mom, Suga

Akamine Himiko: hAH ikr

Akemi Skie: i'm gonna eat something. gnight friendsssss

Sugawara Koushi: night, akemi

Ikeda Alex: SEE YOU TOMORROW!!

+++

   With a sigh, Skie set her phone on silent mode and shut it down before heading to the kitchen.

   This routine was already pretty normal to her. It's been getting harder to fall asleep for some reason—maybe because school just started again after the previous break. The short break lasted a week, and Skie stayed up watching anime 'till one in the morning—every night.

   Skie reached for a mug and made herself a cup of hot chocolate. While she consumed it on the couch, she had her phone while reading fanfiction. 

   She enjoyed peaceful, serene moments like this.

   But time was ticking. She went back to her room and curled up under her blanket, refusing to open her eyes the second she closed them—the only way she could discipline herself to sleep.

   She last thought of popsicles before finally drifting to sleep.

The sound of your mother knocking on your bedroom door is really annoying in the morning.

   Skie managed to turn off her alarm, but getting out of bed is the real struggle.