chapter 8

"So there's this party tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come with the guys and me," Brent asked the beginning of eighth hour on Friday. It's already been a week but a slow one. "Sure," I answered back. He smiled. "Great, Jack will pick us up at eight thirty.'' The bell rang for the start of class and I struggled to stay awake during the lecture about the Civil War.

Finally, the bell rang and Brent and I were out of there. Cameron invited Ash to come with us and she said yes. I think he has a thing for her. He's always flirting with her but then again he flirts with everyone. Brent hopped in the car and I scooted in next to him. "So how was school," my mom asked us. "Fine," we both replied at the same time. We talked about random things like we always do and hopped out of the car when we got home. Brent said bye and went to his house. I ran up to my bedroom and looked through my closet. I whipped out my phone and texted Jules for fashion advice like I always do.

Sydney: Hey, I'm going to a party, what should I wear?!?

Jules: Hey, I was just about to text you. I have to wait till six here because of time change! Anyway what about the white dress with the small colorful palm trees and your ballet flats. Put in some nice stud earrings and wear the charm bracket I gave you.

Sydney: Thanks again. I can always count on you. Ttyl!!

Jules: :)

I decided to go long boarding for I didn't have to start getting ready for hours. My neighborhood was really pretty. All the people I rode by smiled and said hello to me.

I rode for hours. When it was six I rode into town. I found a little frozen yogurt shop that looked good so I went inside. The name of the place was Smooch and it was really cute. I grabbed a bowl and filled it up with my favorite flavor, vanilla. I then drizzled some chocolate syrup on and added a few strawberries. I walked over to the counter where I weighed it and paid. I sat down a table in the corner.

I scrolled through my Twitter on my phone and ate my fro yo when someone walked up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. It was Cameron. "Hey what are you doing here?" I asked smiling. "This is my favorite place to hangout at," he said taking a seat. He was eating chocolate frozen yogurt with a bunch of different toppings on it. We talked about random stuff for a while but then he got serious. "Hey, um, can I ask you something?" he said nervously. "Ya, anything," I replied smiling. "Well, um, do you think Ash would go out with me if I asked her? I really like her and think she's nice." "Of course she would. You both are perfect for each other and I think she likes you too." He smiled and got up. "Thanks so much Sydney. I have to go ask her to be my girlfriend now! See you later." He hugged me and ran out the door to his bike. I'm glad he and Ash are going to be going out. If only Brent liked me the way I like him. Just today at school Brent was asked out by three girls. He could have anybody so why would he want me. It was getting late and I had to get ready so I went back to my house and took a shower. I curled my hair and put on some makeup and perfume. I then got dressed and slipped my phone in the pocket of my dress. I told my mom where I was going and she told me to have fun and be safe.

I waited on a bench in my front yard for Jack to pull up. He came at 8:32 and I hopped in. He honked his horn and Brent came out. He sat next to me. He was wearing a nice shirt and jeans. He also had on a SnapBack with the state of California on it. "Hey, you look amazing," he said to me. I smiled. "You look nice too," I replied. We picked up Nathan then Ash then Cameron. I guess he already asked Ash out because as soon as he got in the car they started to make out. "Get a room," Brent said and I giggled. They broke apart and laughed it off nervously.

We pulled up to a huge house with a bunch of cars parked on the lawn. "Whose party is this exactly?" I asked. "Jeff Stevens, the richest and most popular kid at our school. He's a senior and this is his birthday party he's throwing," Nathan said. Jack parked and we walked in together. Ash and Cam went off somewhere and Nathan and Jack went to go dance with some girls. That left Brent and I alone. "Would you like to dance?" Brent asked extending his hand. I smiled and took it and we walked over to the room where everyone was dancing. We danced for a while and then went over to a table to grab some punch. "I'll be right back, I have to use the ladies' room," I said to Brent and walked off.

Jeff's house was so big. I walked down hallways looking for a bathroom and couldn't find one. You think with a house this big there would be quite a few bathrooms. I walked upstairs and was startled by someone tapping on my shoulder. "Looking for the bathroom?" a guy asked. "Ya," I replied. "Down the hall and the third door on the right," he said. He continued to talk. "I'm Jeff by the way." So this was Jeff. He was very tall and had blond hair. "I'm Sydney," I said. He grabbed my hand. "Here, let's go talk. I want to learn more about you," he said in a weird way. I reluctantly followed him to a room which I'm guessing is his. We talked for a while and he seemed pretty nice. I was about to leave because I really needed to pee when he pushed me against the wall he started kissing up my neck and I pushed him away. Now I know why he was acting weird when he brought me to his room. "What are you doing!" I screamed. "Isn't it obvious, Princess?" he went back to kissing me and I pushed him. He was to heavy to move so I screamed. "Come on it's my birthday, let me have some fun," he said moving me to his bed. I struggled to get loose as he tried to unzip my dress. I can't believe this guy and after I thought he was nice. All he wanted was one thing which I wasn't going to give him. I screamed and tried to pull away when Brent walked in just in time before Jeff could take off my dress. "Leave her alone," he screamed. Jeff got up and I struggled to zip my dress back up. "What are you gonna do loser?" Jeff asked as he towered over Brent. Brent looked at him and then punched him square in the nose. Jeff stumbled back and Brent grabbed my hand. We quickly found the guys and were out of there. I sat alone with Brent in the back of the car. I was so scared. "Thanks Brent, if you weren't there I don't know what would of happened," I said. "Don't worry, your safe now," he said. We rode the whole way back in scilence. When Jack dropped Brent and me off I offered for him to come inside and have dinner. It was only nine thirty and I'm pretty sure he didn't eat at the party. He said yes and texted his mom that he was at my house having dinner. We walked into the kitchen and I found a note from my mom saying she had to go to work and she would be back at three in the morning.

I ordered pizza and we sat down on the couch together while we searched for a movie to watch. "Are you ok?'' Brent asked with a worried look. "Ya, I'm fine," I said. I realized I was shaking for I was still scared. Brent then took a blanket and wrapped me up. He was so sweet and made me feel better. We decided to watch The Hunger Games since it was both one of our favorite movies. About a third through the movie the doorbell rang. I grabbed my cash and went to go get the pizza. "Delivery for Sydney," the delivery guy said. I gave him the money and he handed me the pizza. I sat it down on the counter and got out two plates. I put two pieces on each and then grabbed two sodas. I walked back to the couch and handed Brent his pizza and Pepsi. "Thanks," he said. "Don't mention it," I replied and took a bite of pizza.

We ended up eating the whole pie and some ice cream too. At eleven Brent's mom called and said he needed to come home for she had some exciting news for him. We walked over to the front door and stood on the porch. "Thanks again for the pizza," Brent said. "Anytime," I replied. "Sorry about the party. I knew Jeff was a jerk, but I didn't know he was that much of a jerk." "It's not your fault and thanks for saving me." Brent then looked into my eyes and was about to kiss me when I said bye and started to walk away. He said bye awkwardly and started towards his house. I really would of liked to of kissed Brent, but I was scared. I don't want to fall for someone even harder than I already am that I can't have. If only I knew he liked me back as much as I like him. Then, things would be different.

***Thank you all who are reading. I really didn't think anyone would. Sorry if there is any grammar issues. It's like 3:30 AM and I am really tired but felt like uploading. Thanks again for all you who are reading.

Xoxo