Chapter 4

I couldn't get to Tyler all week. In all my classes, including my frees, Reace was watching me. Even my 'groupies' were suspicious. Reace and I were becoming distant. He didn't call me everyday like he used to, he hadn't come over to the house the whole week, he rarley even talked. I broke up with 'Drake' on Wednesday, it was Friday now. Of course the groupies wanted to talk about him, but I wasn't listening. They thought my depression was because of Drake, but it wasn't. Reace was my rock, I crumbled to pieces when he wasn't there. No, of course I wouldn't show it, but it was there. Our relationship was even strained within the group. Kyla told me Reace and Kyle had been arguing a lot in the past week, that alone put all of us on edge, the only time those two argued was when they didn't agree on which guy they passed was hotter. I walked down the halls close to crying. We hadn't even checked our stats like we usually did. I walked to the large fountain Reace and I faught 2 years for. It was a large Pheonix bird with all the coloring, water the color of fire coming out of various place and a star like base big enough for a whole year, meaning all the freshmans, all the sophomores, all of the juniors, OR all the seniors. It was the Senior hang out in between class where as the others had to stay in school during their frees. I smiled running my hand over the tip of the star. There was a plack stating 'Aaliyah Escin & Reace Gardner's East Vill High's Pheonix Bird Fountain Star. Created & Dedicated to All Of The East Vill High Genertaions. May The Pheonix Stars Live On.'

"So you come out here too?" I jumped at the new voice.

"Yeah, I do. When you bestfriend drops you, you get depressed and only the Pheonix helps with that." I stated sadly trying to sound bitter. Not seconds later, strong arms were wrapped around my waist and lips were on my neck. I sighed almost ready to cry. It will never be the same with Tyler around. Especially if he brought secrets with him.

"I'm so sorry Lia. I didn't mean to distance myself. I just thought you'd be mad at me for being so protective of you. I never meant to drop you. I love you sexy babe," Reace whispered in my ear sweetly. I sighed I wanted to tell him he didn't love me and to yell that I knew he was keeping secrets from me, but I didn't. I sighed and just embraced his hold. I could keep my feelings to myself. For now.

We stood like that for a while until the bell rang. I smiled then pulled out of his hold to start making my way to class but he pulled me back. "Wh-," I was cut short because Reace's lips were on mine. This was no gay to straight tap kiss, this was a lust and need kiss. I was frozen, so many questions were going through my head. 'Why was he kissing me like this?, Was he really even gay?, Had he lied to me?,' the questions kept coming, but when his arm wrapped around my waist and he nibbled on my lip I was dazed and found myself kissing back. 'Am I kissing my gay bestfriend?' To that I had no answer, because I no longer knew if he was gay. 'It wouldn't be the only secret he's kept from me,' I thought sadly. But with my arms wrapped around his neck, my hands tangled in his hair, his arms wrapped around my waist, and our lips and tongues touching, everything just felt comfortable. I couldn't pull myself away, but when I did it was only to breathe. Naturally his lips traveled down my neck forcing a small, quiet moan to escape me. I hadn't been touched like this in two years. Faking boyfriends made me forget about how Lance held me, how he kissed me, but Reace changed that, he was reminding me. I could feel his hold tighten, his lips press harder on my skin, his heart beat through his chest. 'Its been so long,' my inner self whispered. I sighed and Reace brought his lips to mine. We broke apart seconds later with our foreheads together, our breathing heavy, and our arms still wrapped around the other. We stood like that for minutes, but it felt like hours. 'Where does this leave us?' my insides asked me. I didn't know.

Reace kissed me again, once, twice, and a thrid time, each one lasting longer than the first. I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. Reace pulled my chin up forcing me to look him in the eyes. His light eyes were shining, making me smile. He smiled in return letting his eyes settle on my lips where he once again kissed me. I could do nothing. "I'll see you latter Lia." I nodded my head and watched him as he walked towards the building, backwards, keeping his eyes on me. Once he was out of site I ran. I didn't bother stopping to get my car, I just ran, all the way home. Once in the house I ran down to the basement and locked myself into my hang-out room. It had a neon green rug, 3 flat screens with different game consels connected to each. It had 4 couches; 2 neon blue, 2 violet. But what I was going for was my ceiling chair. It was a giant clear bubble that hung from the ceiling and could close making everything you say sound proof. I jumped into my bubble and screamed. I was fustrated and confused. Ijust couldn't comprehend what was going on. I fell asleep only minutes after laying down in the bubble. I woke up to someone moving me. When I looked up my eyes met dark brown eyes. I would have screamed, but I couldn't bring myself to break the silence. Tyler sat down on the rug and held me.