Chapter Twenty

--------------------------------

My hands shook slightly as I placed my phone down.

I had been watching a movie in my room. Whatever I'd been watching was lost from my mind as soon as the words had left Mel's mouth. I couldn't believe it. Well... I'm glad I didn't go to the party now! Imagine having to witness it.

I felt numb.

I sighed, feeling tears surface in my eyes. I wiped at them, my lower lip trembling. The more I thought about it, the more upset I got.

 He'd hooked up with Britney.

Does that mean he cheated on me?

Like... We were on a break, but I wasn't aware that meant we could date/see other people. Not that I intended too.

Duh, it was me.

I curled up in a ball, pressed my face firmly against my thighs. I reached over and pulled the blanket over me. I hiccuped into my pillow, my vision turning blurry. I felt so used... so hurt. I knew I shouldn't have dated an 'It' boy.

I didn't know what to think anymore.

I'm glad I heard it from Mel though, rather then gossip and rumours when I went to school on Monday. Or on Facebook tomorrow.

Someone knocked on my door and then I heard it open slowly.

"Hey Em, I'm going off to bed." Dad said as he came in. He kissed me on the cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too," I said, trying not to sniffle.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Doesn't look like nothing." he answered with a frown.

"It's alright. I don't really want to talk about it. Thanks anyway."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I replied with a small smile.

He sighed. "Alright. Well, you know you can always talk to me if you need to."

"I know. Thanks."

Well, I'd always talked to Dad about things. Well, not overly boys, but other girly things. I had to, as Mum wasn't around.

He smiled at me before exiting my room. Although I couldn't get myself to return the gesture. My phone began vibrating loudly. With reluctance, I slowly got it from my bed side table and looked at the screen. It was a text from Mel, asking if I was okay.

I chose not to answer, but to go to sleep.

Sleep was an excuse, to just try and forget about everything.

---------------------------

I'd hoping I'd be sick, so I didn't have to go to school on Monday. I had prayed, asked the God above... even felt my forehead, hoping it was warm.

But, of course I wasn't.

And Dad knew something was up and told me it'd be better to face it and show everyone I was fine. Well, that was easier said then done, wasn't it?

I hitched my bag on my shoulder, taking a bite out of my apple as I began my walk to school. I took my time.

I threw my apple core into the bin on my way in. Straight away I noticed a few people staring at me, whispering. I kept my face blank. I attempted to be devoid of emotion, but since I found that hard, I wasn't sure if I was successful or not.