47 - Homecoming

The song "Always Been You" is the exclusive property of The Sweeplings and I do not own it.
______________________________________

By the time lunch rolled by on Wednesday, the entourage was sitting under a large tree with their lunches. They'd figured it was a nice enough day outside, finally a clear day with no clouds in the sky, and that was rare for the season, so they decided to take advantage. They had never really used their nice school ground before, and Rosewood High had such a beautiful outdoor space that sadly, they hadn't even thought about exploring until the Fall, which was a little silly, now that they thought about it.

Spencer finished taking yet another sip of coffee from her thermos and turned to her friends, "So, now I've finished explaining the plans for Homecoming night, I want to see how many of you actually listened. Anyone want to repeat?"

"I'll do it," Hanna raised her hand playfully, boldly smirking at the witty brunette.

"Go ahead," Spencer chuckled back. Emily shook her head light-heartedly at her friends' banter.

Hanna smiled enthusiastically. "Okay, so, dress shopping for the girls is tomorrow while the boys get their suits. Unless Emily wants one, too-" Emily punched Hanna's arm, not a single bit amused. "Ow! Whatever, Em, we won't judge you." Hanna rubbed her wounded arm with a pout while Emily rolled her eyes.

"And then Friday is Em's Sweet Sixteen, which we totally aren't planning anything for," Alison grimaced at Hanna's terrible sense of discretion, "and she'll go to the DMV to get her driver's license so she could pick up Ali to Homecoming because it's romantic, and blah, blah, blah. Anyway, at nighttime, we'll all be dancing and having an awesome time."

"And, we forgot to mention before, but we'll protect Ali and Em if some jerk decides to try and sabotage their night with homophobic comments," Aria jumped in, soaking the grateful smile on Emily and Alison's faces.

"But even if that does happen, I - we," Emily corrected herself, glancing at her girlfriend, "don't want it to ruin your night." Alison nodded in agreement.

"No, don't think about it like that," Aria frowned, shaking her head.

"Yeah, you make it sound like we're doing some duty," Toby mocked lightly.

"We want to do this, trust us," Spencer reassured.

"Yep, team Emison all the way," Hanna smirked, earning amused eye rolls from Alison and Emily.

Alison and Emily exchanged a playful glance, then simply shook their heads, smiling.

"Alright," Alison nodded, taking hold of Emily's warm hand, which stood in contrast to the somewhat chilly air, "team Emison all the way."

XXXXX

"Aria, do you want to look like a slut? That dress is way too short!" Hanna expressed her disagreement with a furious head shake, making the sales agent near them raise her eyebrow oddly, although the bubbly blonde was certain that the woman had seen worse come in through their popular clothing store.

"Jesus, Hanna!" Aria frowned in disbelief. "Fine, I'll take it off," she grumbled.

"No, Aria, don't listen to her, you look beautiful," Emily stepped in, shooting a pointed look at Hanna.

Hanna sighed, realizing her mistake, "I'm sorry, Ar, I didn't mean it like that-"

"It's okay," Aria smiled chirpily, "I didn't like this one anyways." She shrugged absentmindedly, then disappeared into the dressing rooms.

"Han," Emily stated sternly, "you're going to have to decide on some dresses eventually."

"But Emily," Hanna turned exasperatedly to face her best friend, "all of these dresses are either too short, or too ruffle-y, or not the right color."