Here We Go

Tears start to well up in my eyes as I wave goodbye to my parents one more time. I quickly wipe a tear away that seemed to escape.

"Your boarding pass miss."

I turn to face the flight attended who had her hand out waiting to for me to hand her my boarding pass.

I frantically searched my purse for the boarding pass finding it at the bottom of my purse. I hand over the crippled paper giving her a nerve smile.

"Sorry."

Giving me the fakest smile she can muster up she replies with a simple "No problem." I turn back around and look at my parents one last time before boarding the plane.

My mother quickly hides her face in my fathers shoulder, softly weeping as her chest moves up and down.

"Be Safe Angel !" My dad yells after me.

I give my dad one last wave as I start to board.

It was a big change for my parents. It was the first time their little girl would be away from home. I was moving from Atlanta to Miami all by myself. No friends (not that I have any), No family, No nothing. Just myself.

Am I scared?

Words can't even describe the fear I'm feeling.

I've only vacationed in Florida, and now I'm moving there. It's a lot to handle at 18. But I was doing it for all the right reasons though. I was gonna be attending one of the best school in Florida and I was ready for it.

Taking one more look at my boarding pass I search to see where my seat is.

24A

Walking down the aisle searching for my seat I spot it by the window. Maneuvering pass people who are trying to put their bags in the upper compartment I make my way to seat.

Putting my headphones in I relax to the poetic flow of J cole.

My mind starts to wonder to how this move maybe the best thing that's ever happened to me. I Angel Martinez was leaving behind a life I hated to start over again. I didn't have to worry about all the negative comments I received about my weight. I didn't have to hide in this shell grow over the years. I can finally be me, and I'm ready for that.

"Ladies and gentlemen, My name is Kristian and I'll be your chief flight attendant. On behalf of Captain Hun and the entire crew, welcome aboard Jet Blue non-stop service from Atlanta to Miami .Our flight time will be of 2 hours and 25 minutes. We will be flying at an altitude of 37,000 feet at a ground speed of 240 miles per hour .At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position and that your seat belt is correctly fastened. Also, your portable electronic devices must be set to 'airplane' mode until an announcement is made upon arrival. Thank you."

Smiling to myself I lay my head on the seat and close my eyes.

Here we go.

- Stacy