Prologue

In the Beginning

No one knows the exact time of day or night when the serpent, the devil fell to earth, it was the most unholy silence for all those who walked the Earth. While heaven rejoiced, the Earth shrieked in fear, for the unholiest of all had entered her bosom and would strike at her heart, her children. His disciples rejoiced and held orgies to celebrate his arrival followed by the gruesome sacrifice of innocent blood to appease their master's anger. Yes, Satan was angry, he had lost his privilege of standing before God and condemning the saints; the crucifixion and the blood of the martyrs brought an end to that. He has but one last agenda, to take as many souls with him to his end, the final battle, Armageddon.

God, the Almighty and most merciful, never abandons his creation even if they don't ask for his help, he breathed his word and raised a warrior clan that would fight on his behalf for mankind. Men and women like their ancestor Samson, who possess a resolve and power stronger than ordinary humans, they are mankind's last hope. As their numbers decline, the shadow of the devil grows darker and deeper.

Joseph was the only man, who ever wrestled with God; it is through his loins that the first seed of the warrior clan was begotten. Ancient heroes who fought dragons and demons are the first of the Proeliator of Deus, but an organised army under one leader only evolved after the Earthly demise of the Lord. There are records in the annals of Ninenevah, which records meetings of the risen Lord with Commander Garion charging him to do all to protect the first Christians. They have been a secret force protecting the believers and mankind in general from the attacks of the Devil, whenever they failed great persecution of the masses ensued. The truth is there aren't enough of them, while their numbers decline those of Lucifer multiply.