Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.

Amanda's POV

They sang the birthday song once again. I slashed the chocolate cake carefully without spoiling my fingers much. I gave the biggest piece to Francis, he always demanded one. I, then distributed the rest of the pieces to everyone.

Only Gina was formal enough to feed me with a piece too. Sonia took her piece and smashed it on my face, I did the same. Everyone joined in. We laughed hysterically whilst looking at each other's faces. This moment could stop forever and I wouldn't complain at all.

"I definitely should take a shower", I climbed out of the bed, collected my floral knee length shift dress and rushed towards the bathroom. I was the birthday girl. I should at least look presentable as I knew I was going to be on everyone's social media account's stories. On exiting the bathroom, I saw huge heap of pizzas and coke placed on the bed.

"I'm the birthday girl, treats should be on me", I pouted as it didn't feel right. I should be the one paying for their food.

"Where did all the formalities come from?", Gina watched me with cornered eyes.

"Through Mr Aaron, oops Mr Reynolds", Francis laughed whilst mimicking me. He did actually spoke in a female's accent and voice.

I slapped him playfully, took possession of my slice of pizza and gulped the whole bottle of coke. "So, how are you Amanda ", Dan interrupted.

"Better now ". I smiled.

Slowly and steadily, the door flew open. We watched the shadow appear silently, without a doubt anyone could guess that it was Mr. Reynolds. He arched his brows, examined us for a while and then broke the silence ,"So, a birthday party is going on, who is the one?"

I pinched Gina, and warned Francis and Sonia by widening my eyes, Dan didn't look towards me, he also was quite distant in terms of spaces. "It's Da---", Dan cut my sentence the moment I was going to fake his birthday.

"Amanda's birthday, don't you have a clue about it, buddy ", Dan pointed towards me. I pouted looking at him and then replaced my expression with a fake smile. I didn't want him to know that it was my birthday. He already did his part of spoiling it anyway.

"Oh ", he sighed, looked at me one last time. "Have fun everyone", closed the door silently and exited the room.

I sighed, made sure that he exited the room first and focused my attention towards everyone. "He didn't even care to wish", Gina's face was plastered with annoyance. She knew what I felt for him, though it was in past tense. Maybe, a part of me denied but even presently the feelings weren't completely vanished.

"Dan Attrey , If you weren't Sonia's boyfriend then maybe I would've punch your nose by now", I looked at Dan angrily.

He shrugged and replied, "Did I do something wrong?"

"She didn't want him to know about her birthday ", Gina explained.

"He didn't wish either, doesn't makes a difference", Dan sorted his point of view.

The rest of the hour, I had small fights with Dan. Don't blame me, I was annoyed. We ate pizzas and fought for the last piece and Francis shared his hilarious experiences which I missed. After every 10 minutes, Sonia and Dan would begin with their little make-out session and to be honest they looked cute, really cute.

Now I knew, why he was in my birthday party. Not that I dislike him, he's a nice man and most importantly took care of Sonia and loved her tenderly.

"Time for gifts", Gina propelled a huge box in my direction. I, carefully opened it, I side-hugged Gina thanking her for such a beautiful gift. The box included makeup from all the top brands including Mac, Kyliecosmetics, HudaBeauty, Nars etc. I could even open a small retail shop with the help of it.