Vampire blood XXXVI

CHAPTER XXXVI

ALEXIA'S POV

I slowly woke up in a huge bed. My head hurt a lot and I felt dizzy after the strong pain I kept having these few days. I could feel a strange fear developing inside my soul, making me more agitated than I already was. It wasn't normal to develop such strange reactions after all I've been through, but I couldn't help it.

I knew something was pretty wrong, but I didn't seem to be able to understand the cause. Anabelle's father bit me... Why? Why did he do something like that and why did he look like he was in pain when he held me in his arms?

All I could remember was the pain and the fact that after it finally subsided, another pain woke me up. Someone was biting my neck again. Maybe they wanted to drain me from every last drop of my blood. But why, why would they want to kill me? I kept asking myself without finding a rational explanation.

I could remember Alexander's and Henry's faces when the other vampire was biting me. They were there and they let it happen even while I was in so much pain and even if I was unconscious. This was a proof that they didn't care about me at all.

'No! It can't be true! Alexander tried to protect me when the two guys attacked me, pushing the ball of energy inside of me" I tried to convince myself.

I could remember the incredible pain when it touched my heart, making my blood to literally boil inside my veins.

'Who are all these people and what do they want from me? Why and when did I lose my freedom?" I asked myself, looking outside the window.

'I want to go home! I want to be free to do what I wish and laugh and have no worry in the world. I want to go back to what I used to be! ' I said to myself.

Slowly I got out of the bed, looking towards the window. It was a beautiful sunny day. I looked towards the light, feeling my eyelids so heavy, like weights were pulling them towards the ground. My body felt tired and weak.

My hand caressed the skin on my neck, felling the holes they left on me. They want my blood. That's all they want from me. Nobody deserves to be treated like that. Not even a tormented soul as my own.

"I see you're awake!" suddenly said a masculine voice from behind me.

My body instantly tensed, turning towards him before I could even register my movements. Behind me was a silver haired guy. I couldn't understand how he got behind me without making a single noise.

I could recognise him as the one who forced the ball of energy inside my body, sending waves of pain through my tired body.

I looked towards him narrowing my eyes and stepping back in a futile attempt to put some space between us.

Only seeing this young man made me feel a strange and inexplicable fear develop inside my body, leaving me almost breathless in that place.

He smiled an evil smile and began to walk towards me. I stepped back, pressing my skin on the glass of the window, quickly analyzing my surroundings in an obvious attempt to find an escape route.

The young man laughed looking directly into my eyes and walking until he was a few centimetres away from my face. He slowly leaned towards me, playing with a strand of my hair, pushing it behind my ear.

He sniffed the air surrounding me and narrowed his eyes, leaning towards me until the tip of his nose touched my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"Get away from me!" I said with anger trying to push him away.

"You're afraid of me! I can smell your fear!" he whispered smiling.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed in his face. "Who are you and why did you bring me here? What do you want from me?" I asked.