Chapter 33 : Pone Cor Meum In Igne

Potter was in a foul mood over the rest of the week, despite Draco tutoring him, he had managed to get two Ds in Potions. He was also on the tenterhooks about Hagrid getting fired particularly after Trelawney got the sack. 

Divination lessons with Firenze were different, that's all Draco could muster up. In his first lesson, Firenze had them lay on their backs, while he conjured up a forest like setting. Draco searched for the constellation after which he had been named. Terry shifted closer, his breath a whisper in Draco's ear. 

"Draco, what are you looking for?"

Draco hummed, his eyes wandering, trying in vain to find the cluster of stars. Terry slipped his fingers around his wrist. Draco turned his head to look at him, eyes wide with surprise. 

"There it is."

Draco followed Terry's finger, and there it was, clear as day, the Draco constellation. He remembered his father showing it to him for the first time, when he was five years old. He blinked, he didn't want to think about his parents. He hadn't heard from them since Christmas and even though he was a believer in the saying 'no news is good news', he desperately wanted to know where they were. 

He whispered back. 

"How did you know I was looking for it?"

Terry smiled, his eyes sparkled behind his glasses. Draco didn't want to break the serene moment, he closed his eyes. He woke up much later, with Terry crouched over him, shaking his shoulder.

"Wake up. I can't believe you slept through the whole lesson."

Draco rubbed at his eyes, he felt groggy from his nap. He whined in a petulant tone.

"Why did you let me sleep, Boot?"

Terry blinked, Draco felt uncomfortable under his prolonged gaze, he averted his eyes to the ground.

"You looked like you needed it."

Draco nodded, following him outside the classroom, now empty. He felt grateful, for once in his life, he was glad he had friends which were his choice, and his alone.

***********************************************************************

The stress of the upcoming OWLs were getting to Granger, she had rather bossily reminded Weasley and Potter about their less than stellar preparation. Weasley had been very hesitant to forgive Draco, it was only when Granger threatened to hold off her Potions notes, did he reluctantly do so. 

Draco and Harry walked a few steps behind Granger and Weasley. Potter seemed to be cheerful, now that they had a DA meeting to attend. Draco rarely saw him smile these days, the Occlumency lessons and constant nightmares plaguing him, had taken a toll on his spirits.

They had finally started to work on Patronuses, which everybody had been keen to learn, except Draco. He had read about Patronus Charms, he knew he needed a happy memory to perform one successfully. The only problem with that was, that, all his happy memories involved his parents and thinking about them had tinged all his memories with a sadness.

As he suspected, Draco wasn't having much success with his Patronus. He watched miserably as Granger's otter, Potter's stag and Chang's swan swooped across the room. Even Terry had managed a tiny wisp of silver. Only Draco and Longbottom had made no progress by the end of the lesson.

"You're going to get it soon, Draco."

Terry offered him his sympathy. Draco had just been on the verge of thanking him, when Potter butted in. He seemed to have sort of charm on them, to track whenever Terry or Smith spoke to him.