Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

Morning comes and I make my way into the empty library. I smile at Ms. Hudson before walking to the back towards my spot. When I turn around the shelf full of book, I stop walking and my eyes widen.   

What's Harry doing in my spot? I take a hesitant step forward and his eyes dart up from his homework and towards me. He immediately starts packing up with shaky hands and stands up.

"No!" I say quickly. My heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. "You don't have to go. It's alright. Sit, please." My voice is shaky. He looks at me for a few second, with his eyes still wide open. He just nods and sits down a few feet away from my spot. I take my seat and open up my maths homework I didn't finish yesterday at lunch. 

With not much difficulty I finish my maths homework and take out my laptop. As I go onto Pinterest, I hear a quiet sigh coming from Harry. I turn my head the slightest bit so I could see him through the corner of my eye. When I see him in my peripheral vision, his eyebrows form a crease in his forehead from being furrowed with his lip pursed. I could clearly tell he is having difficulty with his homework, but I am too shy to help him. I try to ignore the slight urge to help the poor boy but his constant sighs erupt every minute. 

I look back into my screen and scroll down the many pictures of Youtubers I adore along with shows and movies I love. When I see a picture of Sherlock, a smile forms on my face. I bite my lip from letting out a laugh from the funny picture and continue scrolling down after I repin and save it onto my desktop. When a picture of Chris Hemsworth as Thor shows up I immediately do the same thing with the Sherlock picture.  

The bell eventually rings, much to my displeasure. Me and Harry quickly pack our belonging and head off to class. Though today, I have French first period.     

The day goes on at snails pace. I daydream during lessons and I zone out quiet a lot. I am just so distracted from Harry. It feels like it is fate for us to be friends. I feel like God thinks we have suffered enough and made it so we always cross paths. I could be wrong, but that's what it feels like. It is a good feeling. I just hope I get enough courage to actually start talking to him.

When lunch time rolls around, I head back to the library and I spot Harry a few feet away from my spot. A smile appears on my face. When he looks up, he sees my smile and curves his lip up the slightest bit. Again, it's a tiny smile, but it is progress. Harry continued to do Maths homework and again he emits sighs every once in a while. And I almost - almost, offered to help him out.

When I enter English class, I look down at my feet, feeling the most anxious I've been. Memories from yesterday come back into my mind. The encounter, the embarrassment, the pain, the crying. I really don't want to face Sophie, Abbey and Chase. I honestly feel like crying from all the humiliation that happened to me.   

"Look who showed up today." I hear Abbey say when I sit down in my desk. I try to ignore her even though I start to feel the tears brimming in my eyes.   

"I know, I thought that the baby wouldn't come." Ignore them. Ignore them. I continuously blink my eyes trying to prevent the tears from falling. Be strong.   

When I see Chase enter the class and give me a look of disgust, that's when I break down. I can't do this. All the embarrassment and pain comes flooding back but ten times harder. My tears, one by one, come pouring out.

I have got to get out of here.

With my bag still on my back, I stand up and quickly walk towards the door. I hear snickers coming from some boys - Chase and his friends - along with my two bullies. I dart out of the door, but as doing so I bump into a figure.