Reminder #3

Please read the full reminder patiently. Its a small and beautiful reminder.

P.S. dear readers, pls let me know if this book is beneficial. Jazakillah khairan.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

A beautiful Hadith-e Qudsi where Beloved Allah azza wa jal says to His servants: “Verily your Lord is Generous and Shy. If His servant raises his hands to Him (in supplication) He becomes shy to return them empty”. [Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi] 

Many of us fasting in Ramdan tend to forget the value of supplication/dua while remaining restrained from worldly affairs and physical basic needs. We miss the opportunity of asking from Allah in one of the most precious times by keeping ourselves busy in last minute preparation of Iftar, preoccupying by organizing food and engaging ourselves in other acts and passing time by sleeping till last minute.

The last portion after Asr’ prayers and before sunset have been adviced by our Habib sallal lahu alaihi wa sallam as ‘time to ask for what you wish from Allah and Glorify Him’. Even in the Holy Qur’an Allah states: “Allah is with those who restrain themselves.”[Surah An-Nahl: 128]. 

Here are some short beautiful dhikr's.

Recite the following verses in sequence each 3 times:a.

 1.“Allahumma innaka afuw’wun, karimun, tuhibbu’l-afwa, fa’fu anni. Ya Ghafooru, Ya Ghafooru,Ya Ghafooru.”

 (Say: O my Allah! You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me. O Forgiver, O Pardoner, O Forgiver of sins.). Mother of the believers, Hazrat Aisha radiallahu ta’ala anha said: “I asked O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?’ He (saw) responded the verse above to recite. [Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi]. 

This supplication is not only for the Night of Power or Laitaul Qadr but holds extreme inner strength in itself  to seek forgiveness.

2.“Ya Wasi ‘al fadhli ighfirli”. 

(“Oh the One who is great in Bounties, Forgive me.”) [Sunnah (saw) in 1st & 2nd Ashra]

3. “Yaa Hayyu, Yaa Quayyoom.” (“O the Ever-Living One, the Self-Existing One”) [3 times]

___

First ten days (1-10) of the Blessed Month of Ramadan are the days of Mercy

So we should seek Allah's Mercy in these days.

* Rab-bigh-fir war-ham wa Anta Khair-ur-Raahimeen. (Surah Al Muminun:118)

Meaning: My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!

* Ya Rabb, Allahumma arhamni Ya Arham-mar-Rahimeen.

* Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyumu Birahmatika asta-ghee-thu.

The second ten days (11-20) of Ramadan are the days of Forgiveness.

So we should seek Allah's forgiveness and repent for sins in those days.

* Allahum-magh-fir-li dhunoobi Ya Rabbal Alameen

* Rabbana Fagh-fir-lana dhunoobana wa kaf-fir-'anna sayyi-aatina wa ta-waf-fana ma-'al abraar. (Surah Al-Imran:193)

Meaning: Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abrâr (those who are obedient to Allâh and follow strictly His Orders).

The last ten days (21-30) of Ramadan are to seek Refuge in Allah from the Hellfire.

* Allahumma Ajirna min-an-naar.

Meaning: O Allah, protect us from the fire.

May Allah accept us and unite us with those who are His Most favorites. Aameen summa aameen